Question about 2012 Chevrolet Malibu
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: headlight alignment
I ran into this same issue about 2 months ago. Had to replace the bulb and for the life of me I could not get it back in right. Kept aimed very high and hitting the hood. Had to go in and pay the dealer to fix and aim it. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned where I have been unable to change my own lightbulbs.
Posted on Sep 12, 2008
Everything worked as mentionned. Be carefull with the plastic in the winter. Make sure to use a flat screw driver and get it close to the slider and not on the edge. I cracked one of the tongues. Those L shaped slots are under the plastic cover with the two big plastic plugs that you also remove with the flat screw driver
Pierre Godin, Boissevain Manitoba.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
here is a link to a repair guide for your vehice that will help you with the headlights along with any other thing you might need.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
lift hood, on top of headlight housing there are 2 plastic slide pins,pull up on these and release housing. when changing bulbs do not touch them, cause oil on skin will reduce life of bulb. you can use a pair of clean gloves or a paper towel. when done push housing back in and push the slide pins back down. 1999 malibu,
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
Well first you can please follow the below steps -
1. Make sure the ignition key is in the off position and the headlight switch is off. Release the hood latch.
2. Open the hood and locate the top of the headlight assembly where you intend to change the headlight. If a plastic shroud is present, locate the center bolt and remove it with a ratchet and a socket. Lift the shroud out of the way to access the headlight assembly retaining brackets. Some later models may feature a snap-release shroud requiring no tools to remove.
3. Locate the brackets on the top rear of each side of the headlight assembly. Lift them all the way up to align the hole on the bottom of each bracket to the retaining tabs on the assembly.
4. Pull the assembly forward away from the Malibu, but be careful not to scratch the bumper. There are three guide pins that require unseating. The guide pins are what aim the headlights and it may take some wiggling to get the pins from their seats.
5. Support the assembly with one hand and then reach behind the unit with the other. The low beam bulb is on the outside, the high beam bulb is on the inside. You can also replace the parking light if desired. Locate the wire harness connection. Un-clip the wire harness from the back of the bulb socket. Remove the bulb by turning it counterclockwise 1/3 of a turn to align the release tabs of the ring and the assembly. Wiggle the bulb out of the assembly.
6. Place the latex gloves on your hands before opening the package of the replacement bulb. Oil in our skin can damage the glass bulbs of halogen headlights.
7. Carefully insert the new bulb into the ring and then align the tabs of the ring to the tabs of the headlight assembly. Push inward and then twist clockwise 1/3 of a turn to lock the bulb in place. Reattach the wire harness. Rest the headlight assembly inside its cavity and test the operation of the headlight before securing the headlight assembly in place. Be sure to turn the lights and ignition back off.
8. Align the three guide pins to their seats and push the assembly back into them gently until they snap into place. Replace the retaining brackets by pushing them downward to lock into place. Replace shroud, if applicable. Remove the tools and old bulb and close the hood. Post comments for further help or information......
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2016 | 2012 Chevrolet Malibu
Dec 20, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 18, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 21, 2015 | 2012 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 12, 2015 | 2012 Chevrolet Malibu
Feb 27, 2014 | 2012 Chevrolet Malibu
HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING
can be faulty headlight switch or issue with its wiring. Or its faulty head
troubleshoot the issue i suggest you few help links with appropriate solution.
So you can follow the test and confirm what exact problem is there in your case
of headlights not working:-----
the link below: -----
• Car headlight bulbs don't last long?
How to Replace a Headlight
How to Replace a Headlight Bulb
How to Replace a Headlight Switch
How to Replace a Headlight Assembly
How to Replace a Park Light Assembly
Nov 28, 2012 | 1986 GMC K1500
Jul 01, 2010 | 1987 Chevrolet El Camino
Mar 27, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 28, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Malibu
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: