Question about 2000 Dodge Caravan
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tie rod end is 35 ft. lbs. Pinch bolt for the lower ball joint - 105 .I hope this helps you
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
Testimonial: "thanks for the help"
The torque spec for the tyrod ends are 45 foot pounds.
• Unlock the steering wheel before jacking up the vehicle. This allows the Steering linkage to be moved for the best possible access to the ends' fasteners by grabbing one of the axle hubs
• Secure the vehicle on jackstands before removing the wheels.
• Buy name-brand tie-rod ends. Saving a few dollars on cheaply made parts isn't worth the risk.
• Mark the tie-rod ends' positions on their threaded adjusters before removing the old ends. This way, the new ends can be screwed in to approximately the same position as the old ones to get wheel allimint in the ballpark.
• Have the vehicle professionally aligned afterward, especially if the steering wheel isn't centered or the vehicle pulls one direction when attempting to drive straight.
Signs your haveing probloms with the tyrod ends
• Front-end shimmy, shake or vibration.
• Abnormal front-end noise.
• Hard steering.
•steering wheel doesn't return to center properly.
• Vehicle wanders.
• Steering feels unstable, loose or has excessive play.
Posted on Jul 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2016 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 16, 2015 | 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD
Mar 10, 2015 | 2000 Ford Focus
May 10, 2014 | 1994 Toyota Camry
Jul 11, 2013 | 1997 Infiniti.5 Q45
Sep 08, 2010 | 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jun 10, 2010 | 2006 Nissan Titan
Jan 07, 2010 | 2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Dec 08, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Dakota
Apr 04, 2009 | 2000 Chrysler Cirrus
May 02, 2016 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: