Hi, welcome to FixYa.com my name is Shawn and I will be answering your question.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to the procedure in this section.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable (14301) .
- Drain the fuel from the fuel tank (9002) . Refer to the procedure in this section.
Fuel Tank and Related Components
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the two pins from the fuel tank front protector.
- Remove the three fuel tank front protector bolts and remove the fuel tank front protector.
- Disconnect the evaporative emission hose (9E325) from the evaporative emission valve (9B593) .
NOTE: Label the fuel return line and fuel supply line to ease installation.
Loosen the fuel return hose clamp and slide it away from the fuel return hose connection.
NOTE: Use a rag to prevent fuel from spilling while disconnecting the fuel lines.
Disconnect the fuel return hose at the fuel tank .
- Loosen the fuel supply hose clamp and slide it away from the fuel supply hose connection.
- Disconnect the fuel supply hose at the fuel tank .
- Disconnect the fuel pump and bracket electrical connector.
- Loosen the hose clamp from the fuel tank to filler pipe hose (9047) and slide the hose clamp toward the fuel tank .
- Separate the fuel tank to filler pipe hose from the fuel tank filler pipe (9034) .
- Place a jack under the fuel tank to support it when the fuel tank support straps are removed.
- Remove the two fuel tank support strap bolts and allow the fuel tank support straps to hang down.
- Remove the spring clips from the fuel tank support strap hinges.
- Remove the fuel tank support strap hinges and remove the fuel tank support straps.
NOTE: An assistant may be necessary to remove the fuel tank .
Lower the fuel tank from the vehicle.
I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.