Question about 1999 Lexus ES 300
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 92 lexus es300 knock sensor
Need to remove the upper and lower air intake manifold. There are two knock sensors for the front and rear pistons banks. If you plan to do this yourself it is about 1 to 2 hours. While you are at it, there is a short coolant bypass hose sitting in the same spot, replace it. Another problem with the knock sensor is the wire harness used to connect the two knock sensors into one connection sometimes wears out and contacts the metal on the engine causing false signals to the ECM, so replace this cable also.
Just did this last summer on my 99 ES300. Pretty easy.
Posted on Mar 16, 2009
SOURCE: blown fuse 2007 lexus es 350
im not exactly sure which side is on, i always get confused with diff models. but i know is either on the driver or passanger side fuse box. the box is located underneath the dash on the to the left of the brake pedel if its the passanger side its same place bot to the right
Posted on May 07, 2009
Change 1999 Lexus RX 300 Starter
Here are some steps:
1. Disconnect the positive and negative cables from the battery. Disconnect the 2 bolts that connect the battery hold down bracket to the vehicle. All of that was done with a 10 mm socket. Remove the battery it and the plastic tray that it sits on from the vehicle.
2. Loosen the large clamp that secures the engine air intake to the big black plastic box that houses the air filter with a 10 mm socket or a large phillips screwdriver.
3. Unplug the large electrical connector from the top of the air filter box by pressing the tab on the plastic connector and pulling. Unplug the small electrical connector from that same box top in the same manner. This 2nd plug plus a small black air hose the size of your finger are just below and to the left of the master cylinder when you are looking at the engine from the front. Squeeze the hose clamp with plyers and remove that small hose also.
4. Remove the top of the air filter box and the air filter.
5. Remove 3 10 mm bolts from the bottom of the now empty air filter box and pull the box out of the vehicle to gain access to the starter.
6. Depress the tab on the small wire connection that is attached to the starter and pull the wire out in the direction of where the battery had been. This tab was hard to find and press and I ended up getting a mirror to be able to see the tab and what needed to be depressed. I pressed from the bottom up and then pulled the connector out to my right.
7. Remove the 2 starter bolts that hold it to the engine block with a 14mm socket.
8. The starter was snug but you should be able to pull it out (to your right) and flip it up so that the starter gear is pointing towards you to have access to the large cable that is hooked to the starter for power.
9. Use 2 small screwdrivers to slip under the snaps on the plastic connector cover. Open it and slide it back down the cable.
10. Using a 12mm socket, remove the power cable from the starter.
11. Reverse this process to put the new starter in.
12. Enjoy the praise that your wife gives you for a job well done!
Good luck, and remember rated this help.
Posted on Aug 31, 2009
Testimonial: "very helpfull thank you for your support keep up the good work.you all or life savor. firstname.lastname@example.org"
Here are two picture diagrams, one is to locate the fuse box it sits above your left knee, you may have to remove a cover to get to,i labeled a couple of fuses to check theres the cigarette lighter fuse, if thats not blown then check the other two, if it is blown then disregaurd the other one, hope this is what you were looking for.
Posted on Jan 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2017 | 1993 Lexus Es 300
Sep 06, 2013 | 1999 Lexus ES 300
Feb 28, 2012 | 1995 Lexus ES 300
May 21, 2010 | 1992 Lexus Es 300
Mar 26, 2010 | 1999 Lexus ES 300
Jun 30, 2009 | 1999 Lexus ES 300
May 05, 2009 | 1999 Lexus ES 300
Oct 13, 2008 | 1998 Lexus ES 300
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: