Question about 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Remove tire
2. Remove axle nut. (this is a large nut, maybe 19mm or even bigger. these can be tough to get off sometimes without an air gun.)
3. Remove cotter pin and nut from the lower ball joint.
4. You can first try hitting the side of the ball joint with a hammer and if it doesn't pop it loose you will have to use a Pickle fork. If you have to use a pickle fork and the ball joint is old it may get damaged so you may want to replace that while your at it.
5. If necessary use a hammer to tap on the axle to push it out of the hub assembly. Once it is out of there you can give it a tug and see if it will come out without a fight from the transmission. If it doesn't come right away you can get under there with a large screw driver and pry it out.
6. Install new axle carefully into the transmission and make sure you push it all the way in, than just do the above steps in reverse order and your set. Good luck!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
ther should be a brace welded to the tube it should bolt to the back of the engine, maybe the weld broke off the tube. if i can be of any further help just get back to me. please rate my fix as i strive for the best Thanks Ray
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
you must pull the door pannel, with the window up you will see 2 bolts on the inside remove the latch rod first then the bolts !!
Posted on Mar 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2013 | 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
Aug 10, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
May 27, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
Mar 05, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
Mar 01, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
Aug 08, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jul 28, 2009 | 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier
Apr 20, 2009 | 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: