Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i have a 2004 corolla
me think you um not give enough information.
You changed the belt?
Just reset it to tdc and align the marks like you were doing it for the first time.
If it is off a degree it will run. It will not run good.
Replace the tensioners when this done yes.
Align marks and reinstall.
Posted on Jan 04, 2011
!!! Check first if engine valves are not bended !!!
The timing chain diagram & procedures for 2000 Toyota Corrola 1.8 engine:
1. Crankshaft pulley holder - Tool No. 09213-70010/11.
2. Crankshaft pulley puller - Tool No. 09950-50012.
1. Disconnect battery earth lead.
2. Remove spark plugs to ease turning engine.
3. Turn engine in normal direction of rotation.
4. Observe tightening torques in pictures below.
5. Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
6. Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
7. Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
Valve timing procedures:
1. Ensure crankshaft pulley and timing chain cover TDC marks aligned .
2. Ensure teeth timing mark on each camshaft sprocket aligned.
3. 1ZZ-FE/3ZZ-FE/4ZZ-FE .
4. 2ZZ-GE  OR .
5. If not, turn crankshaft pulley 360 degrees.
6. Remove chain tensioner, tensioner rail and chain guide.
7. Check chain for wear.
Posted on Jan 22, 2011
found this, and from what I could find it is a non-interference engine:
Posted on Jan 24, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2016 | 1998 Toyota Corolla
Feb 14, 2016 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
May 15, 2015 | 2006 Toyota Corolla
Sep 17, 2014 | 1994 Toyota Corolla
Sep 14, 2014 | 1998 Toyota Corolla
Jan 18, 2014 | 2000 Toyota Corolla
Jan 04, 2011 | 2004 Toyota Corolla
Feb 16, 2010 | 1998 Toyota Corolla
May 05, 2009 | 2001 Toyota Corolla
Jan 20, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
429 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: