Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: porsche key fob
If the key had gone faulty, the key code must be re programmed on the vehicle computer. This can be done only using a PIWIS tool, available at the dealer or at a qualified Porche garage.
Try also the following reset:
turn ignition on,
remove the transponder from the column
push any button on the fob within 6 seconds.
This procedure will reset the key synchronizing again with the vehicle computer.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: E36 BMW 318I CENTRAL LOCKING
try locking and unlocking the car with the key 3 times slowly ,other than that i have no idea ?? another trick is to disconnect battery and join the cables together for a few minutes to discharge any capacitors that may be holding a charge in the computer..Only other thing i can think of is the main dealers who have the right connectors and software to re set it all .sorry i havent been of any help
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2016 | 2006 Mitsubishi Grandis 2.0
Mar 08, 2015 | 2006 Mitsubishi Grandis 2.0
Jul 14, 2012 | 2003 Saab 9-3
Jun 07, 2012 | 2005 Mitsubishi Colt 1.1
May 13, 2012 | 2002 Renault Clio
May 12, 2017 | Mitsubishi Passenger Cars & Trucks
Sep 29, 2009 | Renault Sportwagon Cars & Trucks
Apr 10, 2009 | 1998 Volkswagen Passat
345 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!