Question about 1993 Ford Ranger SuperCab
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The gear linkages are not correctly aligned.
Is the gearbox mounting in exactly the same place as when you removed it?
Even a 1/4 inch will offset the gears.
hope this helps
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Have the clutch looked at. If the clutch is not releasing fully it makes shifting difficult. Have the trans fluid changed too, it isn't expensive and probably is listed under your maintanance in the owners manual
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
Clutch may be smooth but this is a sign of the clutch needing replaced. Some of these models have a linkage adjustment under the hood. Others are hydrallic and need fluid. Look under the hood where the steering is and see which you have and address accordingly. Good luck. Check on costs of clutch replacement.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
The problem sounds like the clutch. If you put it in 1st., then start it up, does it try to move with you foot on the clutch? Does the clutch pedal feel different than normal.
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Nov 12, 2012 | 1993 Nissan Sentra 4 Door
Jun 19, 2012 | 2000 Pontiac Firebird
Mar 19, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 26, 2009 | 1989 Dodge Dakota 2WD
Nov 18, 2009 | 1996 GMC Jimmy
Nov 12, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Camaro
Jun 24, 2009 | 1998 Ford Escort
Jun 16, 2009 | 1996 Isuzu Rodeo
Oct 28, 2017 | 1993 Ford Ranger SuperCab
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!