Question about 2004 Acura MDX
Get the FSM and read that.
it covers this part.
try alldata.com , it might have this, but id think , not (guess)
helm for $50
or buy one uses on FleaBay(pun)
the key question, is ,will i break the plastic bits, guessing.?
Posted on Dec 22, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I think I know what your problem is.... It sounds like you need a motor/regulator assembly. There's a cable that attaches the motor to the regulator (part that moves the window up and down ) power is transferred this way. over time the cable breaks allowing the glass to fall to the bottom sometimes and won't go up. electrically it's ok because you can hear the motor run. (good job on the description by the way :) ) you will need to replace the regulator.
If you are technical inclined, you can replace it yourself if you like. most of the work is taking the door panel off. With this kind of stuff I recommend that you don't attempt this one unless you've taking a door panel off before. If you decide to do it, invest in service manual to assist your work. It can be fairly difficult of you've never done one before.
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
no you should not have to take the head liner out.. when the sunroof is open you should see 3 or 4 screws one both sides.. all you have to do is remove the screws but its better to have a second person so they can hold the glass while your removing the screws so you don't drop the glass..then just put on some cloth gloves(prefered) to hold up and install the new glass. do removal in reverse to install.
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
The control modules can communicate via the serial data link.
May 09, 2015 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
Dec 24, 2014 | 2001 GMC Yukon XL
Mar 09, 2013 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Jun 17, 2017 | 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
Sep 12, 2009 | 1999 Lincoln Town Car
Jun 16, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 08, 2009 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Apr 30, 2017 | 1996 Audi A4
Mar 16, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: