Question about 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Take the car and the fob to the nearest GM dealer. The service writers can do this for you, and they usually do it from free to about 20 bucks.
Posted on Feb 22, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you for the feedback, I will have to take it to a dealership to have them program my fob for me. "
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.
Good luck and thank you for using Fixya
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
There is no onboard programming procedure for this vehicle. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote.
Posted on Jun 26, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2014 | 2002 Chevrolet Impala
Nov 30, 2013 | Oldsmobile Alero Cars & Trucks
Sep 04, 2012 | 2002 Oldsmobile Alero
Jun 26, 2012 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Jan 29, 2012 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Mar 17, 2010 | 2000 Oldsmobile Alero
Feb 22, 2010 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Jun 12, 2009 | 2002 Toyota Highlander
Mar 19, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler Town & Country
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: