How do you set up electric hand brake after fitting rear pads?(appears to be binding on).on s type jaguar.
Bulletin from Jaguar :
Electronic Park Brake (EPB)
On some 2003 MY-on S-TYPE vehicles, a customer may report a concern of premature
parking brake pad wear or the brakes binding. This condition can result if the electronic
park brake (EPB) system is not re-calibrated after the removal of the rear brake callipers
to replace the brake pads.
Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the calibration
procedure detailed in this bulletin.
1. Reset the EB module:
a. Switch off the ignition.
b. Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds. For additional information, refer to STYPE
Workshop Manual Section 414-01.
c. Reconnect the battery.
2. Start the engine.
3. Firmly apply and release the foot brake five times.
4. Confirm that the message NOT CALIBRATED" or APPLY FOOT AND PARK
BRAKE" is displayed on the instrument cluster message center. This indicates that
the parking brake is in calibration mode.
5. Lightly press the foot brake pedal.
6. Apply the parking brake by using the EB switch.
7. Release the parking brake.
8. Release the foot brake.
9. Confirm that the brake warning lamp is no longer illuminated on the instrument
pack and that the NOT CALIBRATED" message is no longer displayed in the
10. Apply and release the EPB five times to ensure no error is present.
NB: It is also possible the actuator is bad though.
Jan 17, 2011 |
Jaguar S-Type Cars & Trucks