Question about Audi Quattro
Is it locked? Are you trying to open the fuel door, or remove the actual gas cap? If it's over tightened (which is really hard to do) you need to twist harder to get it off.
Posted on Oct 17, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The main thing with dealing with airbags is to ground yourself before plugging them in. Any electronics shop can sell you an ESD (electrostatic discharge) wrist strap and ground cord for a few dollars. Use this to ground yourself securely to the frame of the car. This gives a pathway for static electricity in your body to discharge into the car, rather than into the airbag connector, potentially blowing the airbags. All the same, whenever possible, don't sit in front of the bag you're installing in case something goes wrong and it does blow.
Posted on Jul 21, 2008
Ribbed Belt: Service and Repair
Ribbed Belt, Removing and Installing
Ribbed belt, removing and installing
CAUTION: Mark the direction of belt travel before removing, using a crayon or marker. Reinstalling a used belt in the opposite direction
could damage the belt
Note: There are two different types of ribbed belt, identified as versions A and B.
Ribbed belt versions, identifying, refer to Application and ID
Old version A
- Remove ribbed belt guard.
- Loosen ribbed belt tensioner using 15 mm wrench and drift 3204.
- Remove ribbed belt.
New version B
- Using 10 mm hex socket wrench, turn downward in direction of arrow to loosen ribbed belt.
Install in reverse order of removal, noting the following:
- Place ribbed belt over drive pulleys and idler roller first, and onto tensioning roller last.
- Remove drift 3204.
- Install ribbed belt guard.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
The locking ring for the fuel pump can be released and reinstalled
using two large combination spanners (wrenches) with the open end
against the locking ring tabs and the spanners held in against each
other to form and 'X'. Push/pull on the ends to remove or install the
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE A CHISEL OR HAMMER TO REMOVE THE RING AS THERE IS RISK OF EXPLOSION!
Be sure to perform this operation in a well ventilated area with all windows down and the battery negative cable disconnected.
Posted on Apr 25, 2010
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for yours Audi Concert radio from the car manufacturer! For Audi Concert the sequence of programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. 5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Sep 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2012 | 2002 Audi A6
Sep 20, 2012 | 2007 Audi A6 Quattro
Apr 17, 2012 | 1996 Audi A4
Aug 12, 2011 | 1997 Audi A6
Jul 27, 2009 | 2000 Audi A6
Jul 08, 2009 | 2003 Audi TT
May 27, 2009 | 1996 Audi A6
Jan 05, 2009 | 2001 Audi TT
Jul 28, 2008 | 2004 Audi A4
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: