Question about 1996 Saab 900
How to relace clutch cable1995 se 2.0 turbo convertible ?
1. Remove the battery.
2. Remove the clutch cable end from the clutch arm end at the wire stop.
3. Slide out the rubber doughnut from the gearbox housing which holds the clutch cable
4. Move the distribution box nut and the alarm pin attached to it (some modules)
5. Disconnect the clutch cable holder from the fender and the data link holder.
6. Remove the drivers lower panel below the steering wheel and remove the air duct as well as the knee shield.
7. Slide out the fuse box holder and ICE Box (should be a black box with many wires going to it). You can remove the instrument cluster at this point but you can also do this without removing the cluster with a little patience
8. Move the pedal spring to one side and remove the eye catch for the cable.
9. Remove the clutch cable by pulling it out from the engine compartment
10. Reinstall in the reverse. Saab actually came out with a bulletin which Needed one to install two washers at the back of the new cable instead of one. The factory cable comes with one but you can remove the 2nd washer off the old cable and install it on the new cable so two exist. This helps take up excessive pedal slack.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Anyone know about how much addtional labor time to replace the clutch spring while replacing a clutch cable. 96 900S.
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
Is there a chance to send an original picture of where the spring of of the clutch pedal attach on the eye catch for the cable? I am finding difficulties to place it back in since the spring slipped of its place after the clutch cable eye catch snapped.
Posted on May 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2010 | 1995 Saab 900
Apr 13, 2010 | 1996 Saab 900
Jul 30, 2009 | 1996 Saab 900
May 19, 2009 | 1995 Saab 900
Mar 12, 2009 | 1996 Saab 900
Jan 18, 2009 | 1995 Saab 900
Oct 23, 2008 | 1995 Saab 900
Aug 14, 2008 | 1995 Saab 900
Mar 12, 2015 | 1996 Saab 900
Oct 02, 2014 | 1996 Saab 900
1,835 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: