Question about 1999 Dodge Intrepid

2 Answers

Need specific location of oil drain plug to change oil

The only drain plug I see is on the right/passanger side of a cone shaped/rounded area of what I assume to be the transmission area. What I think is the oil pan, a square flat pan further back toward the center of the car does not have a drain plug that I can see???

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 25, 2014

    two black bars coming off center support bracket - console area - one towards column one on passanger side at heater box



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 17 Answers

I have owned a 1999 intrepid for 9 years. And have changed the oil many times in the 170,000 miles I've owned it. This car comes mostly with a 2.7 liter motor. It does some times have a 3.5 liter. As you open the hood,there is a sticker that tells you what motor it has. If you have the 2.7, between the two front wheels you have a cast aluminum oil "pan" You will see a oil filter sitting vertical, towards the passenger side.The bottom of the filter is almost flush with the bottom of the oil pan. Just to the side of the filter,towards the driver side, is a hex head oil plug. It will take a 11/16" wrench to remove it.Hope this helps lbreen

Posted on Apr 22, 2009

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 710 Answers

The oil drain plug is located at the rear of the oil pan which is rectangular in shape. It should require a 13mm socket to remove it.The oil pan should be in the center of the car, not off to one side. The transmission pan has a kidney shape to it.

Posted on Apr 22, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

2002 chevy 5.3, silverado egr valve. WHERE IS IT

It is on passanger side of engine, in front of the oil filler tube. Round looking thing, five wire connector plugged in !

Dec 15, 2014 | 2002 Chevrolet Silverado

3 Answers

Where is the oil pan drain plug on a 2000 toyota camry

it should be off to the side by the cv shaft, i think its facing the passanger side.gotta remove the plastic covers! if applicable

Dec 22, 2011 | 2000 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Where is the oil filter and plug to drain the oil?

very easy to change the oil on my optima, i pull it on ramps to give added clearance and oil filter is on the passanger side of the engine and the oil drain plug is on the side of the oil pan, very easy to change it yourself

Nov 26, 2011 | 2005 Kia Optima

1 Answer

Where is the drain plug on a 2003 chevy blazer

The oil drain plug is located on the bottom of the oil pan.
The radiator drain is on the bottom passangers side of the radiator.
The transmission drain plug is in the trans oil pan , or you may have to drain by releasing the tension on the pan bolts... in which case you will likely need to replace the transmission pan gasket to reseal it.

Mar 31, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Blazer

1 Answer

How to change oil in a 2006 pacifica

Park on a hill or jack the car up and place jackstands under the vehicle in a recommended lifting area. Your drain plug is on the driver side of the engine. Drain oil then remove the oil filter located towards the front of the vehicle. Replace oil filter put the drain plug back on and refill oil 5.5 qts.

May 20, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler Pacifica

2 Answers

I have a 2004 chevy colorado. I was going to

hi its situsted next to front passanger wheel in line with the transaxle you will see the oil pan the drain plug is on the back please rate this answer

Nov 19, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Colorado

1 Answer

Dodge caravan 2003 water leak front passanger side

Your a/c drain tube is plugged up, causing condensation from the a/c unit to leak into the front passenger side area. You need to go under the car at that approx. location, you will find a drain tube behind the pass. side front wheel. Run a small wire (like a wire from a coat hanger) up the tube to dislodge any goop plugging the line.

Sep 12, 2009 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do I change my own oil ?

You need to lift the car , open the drain plug from under located on the oil pan , let it drain for about 10 minutes , remove the filter , replace the filter with new seal , put back the drain plug with new washer , then put the oil in the engine as per your manual for quantity. Start the car for couple of minute , shut off , check the oil level and adjust accordingly to reach he correct level. I would put less oil than specified so that you do not have extra oil and then you can top it. After that is done lift car again to make sure that there are no leeks around the drain plug or filter

Jun 27, 2009 | 2003 Jaguar X-Type

1 Answer

Trying to find ac drain line on 1998 jeep grand cherokee laredo 6 cyl.. water backing up onto pass side floorboards as I guess it's clogged.. please advise.

drain tube located in engine bay, when looking into engine bay drain tube is just above right hand side chassis leg on bulkhead, repair for problem is locate lower casing inside passenger footwell then drill a hole in the centre of the lowest point then poke through with metal coat hanger, note when you drill water will drain in to vehicle collect and throw out then once you clear drain tube plug up hole, hole size required 5mm, lowest point round shape, good luck

Jun 22, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Oil leak

the round oval shaped object in question should be the canister where your oil filter goes ,yes there is a gasket on the inside that may have been broke or left off on your last oil change

Apr 21, 2009 | 2004 Pontiac Sunfire

Not finding what you are looking for?
1999 Dodge Intrepid Logo

989 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

76070 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8266 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides