Question about Cars & Trucks
Mt Pt Crusier's 6 cd player does play the cd's but all inserts cause my cd's to skip tracks for example, while listening to an audio book in chapter 1 all of a sudden it will go to chapter 14 all by its self! when I try to go back to ch. 1 it will not, instead it will go to a different chapter all together!! this was all of a sudden!!
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello chk614, my name is JShreader. Thank you for choosing fixya.com.
Here is a picture showing the Wires connecting to the Starter...
If you are looking for the formal Wiring Diagram...see below...
I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesitate to ask...Thanks again, JShreader!
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
Hi, i have put together a step by step guide that will help you with this replacement job. Make sure the vehicle is in a cool state before starting this job.
* Drain some coolant into a clean container until the coolant level is below the thermostat housing.
* Remove the upper radiator hose connection from the thermostat housing.
* Loosen the housing bolts and remove the housing.
* Remove the gasket and scrape it carefully from the surface of the housing and the mounting surface on the engine. If the gasket remains on either of the surfaces, there will probably bea coolant leak after reassembly. Some engines use a rubber O-ring to seal a thermostat housing.
* Compare the size of the thermostat to the old one. They are of different sizes, types, and temperature ratings.
* The temperature rating is stamped on the sensing bulb on the bottom of the thermostat. The temperature bulb faces the block.
* When replacing a thermostat, be sure that the thermostat fits into the groove in the block or outlet housing. If the thermostat is installed upside down, the engine will overheat.
* Install the gasket.
* Reinstall the thermostat housing. Refill the system and run the engine or pressure test to check for leaks.
* When the engine has reached operating temperature make sure the thermostat opens.
* You should be able to see coolant circulating within the radiator.
* Another way of checking thermostat operation is to feel the top of the radiator hose or use a thermometer or multimeter with a temperature probe to confirm that the coolant is warming up.
* If the engine is overheating, but the top hose is still cool to the touch, the thermostat is stuck closed and must be replaced.
When a paper gasket is used and the recess is in the thermostat housing, it is a good practice to position the thermostat into the recess and glue the gasket to hold it in place. If it falls out of its groove during installation, the outlet housing can be cracked or a coolant leak will result. Before tightening the water outlet housing, try to rock it back and forth to be sure it is flush. Housings are often cracked during this step.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
check to see if the serpantine belt is still there. It sounds like like it broke. this belt runs all of the accesories on the vehicle including the water pump. So if this happened it probably starting running hot too
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2015 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Sep 08, 2012 | 2008 Chrysler Pt Cruiser
Jun 07, 2012 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
May 22, 2012 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 27, 2011 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Nov 17, 2010 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 01, 2010 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Apr 04, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jan 15, 2009 | 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Sep 18, 2019 | 1993 Geo Tracker
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: