Question about 2001 Dodge Durango
Blower motor resistor unit is located under the dash on the passenger side on my 2001 (on earlier years it might be inside the dash accessed from above rather than below). The resistor unit costs $25 or less (at least it did when I bought a replacement a couple years ago) and it takes about 10-15 minutes to replace. Not a big deal, you can definitely do it yourself. The following text is from the 2000 Durango service manual. The "Cowl Plenum" is some plastic on the front of the dash. For my 2001 I didn't have to remove that, It was accessible under the dash.
"(1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative
(2) Remove the cowl plenum cover/grille panel
from the cowl top.
(3) Reach through the cowl plenum access hole to remove the two hex screws that secure
the front blower motor resistor to the cowl plenum panel.
(4) Pull the front blower motor resistor and its wire harness out of the plenum panel and through
the cowl plenum access hole far enough to access the wire harness connector.
(5) Unplug the front blower motor resistor from the wire harness connector.
(6) Remove the front blower motor resistor from the cowl plenum.
(1) Plug the front blower motor resistor into the
wire harness connector.
(2) Install the front blower motor resistor to the
cowl plenum panel by feeding the resistor and wire
harness back through the cowl plenum access hole.
(3) Install and tighten the two screws that secure
the front blower motor resistor to the cowl plenum
panel. Tighten the mounting screws to 2.2 N·m (20
(4) Reinstall the cowl plenum cover/grille panel to
the cowl top. See Vacuum Reservoir in the Removal
and Installation section of this group for the procedures.
(5) Connect the battery negative cable."
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
Your blower resistor is bad
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 31, 2011 | 2002 Honda Accord
Jan 30, 2011 | 1999 Chrysler Cirrus
Mar 28, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler Pacifica
Jan 06, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Jul 02, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
608 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: