Question about 1998 Chevrolet Corvette
Does anyone know how to change the trans fluid, it has an auto trans.
To change your tranny fluid and filter is relativily easy i will tell you step by step here.
1. raise the vehicle and support it with jack stands
2. get a large drain pan
3. locate the transmission oil pand and losen all the bolts removing the rear half of the bolts only and just losening the other bolts to keep the pan held up but allowing it to sag on the rear.
4 be carefull because in this step your likely to get a bath in tranny fluid. insert a flat srewdriver in the back of the pan and carefully pry it lose. now trany fluid is going to pour out of the pan.
5. remove the rest of the bolts be carefull because the trany pan still has a lot of fluid in it.
6. grab ahold of the filter and pull it down.
7. insert the new filter but make sure the rubber gasket came offf with the old filter they have a tendency to stick in the transmission.
8 replace oil pan and torque down evenly
9 refill with correct fluid to the correct level
10 take for a drive and recheck the fluid level and check for transmission fluid leaks
ps when the pan is off clean the inside of it out with brake cleaner really good
If there are no leaks after you get done congratulate your self on a job well done
hope this helps you
please rate me
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
You should take it to a shop and have it pressure cleaned with the propper equipment, 1998 corvetts do not have a dip stick to check, unless you have a leak or you just feel it is time to change the trans oil, it is a sealed unit and requires service by a shop or you could get the equipment and open up a shop.
Posted on Nov 07, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2012 | 1985 Chevrolet Corvette
Jun 25, 2011 | 1986 Chevrolet Corvette
Mar 27, 2011 | 1998 Chevrolet Corvette
Aug 07, 2017 | 1998 Mazda B-Series
Jul 16, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Maxima
Mar 16, 2010 | 1985 Chevrolet Corvette
Sep 02, 2009 | 1999 Kia Sephia
Oct 13, 2008 | 1990 GMC Suburban
Aug 29, 2008 | 1998 Pontiac Sunfire
1,083 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: