Question about 1997 Cadillac Eldorado
I have a 1997 eldorado if it is parked for more than ten hour`s, it will not start & stay running for more than five second. the clusterpanel will say antitheft system is activated.
I fixed this problem on mine for .99cents.
1. measure resistance (ohm)across pellit on key
2. go to radio shack and by resistor that matches resistance on key (mine was 11.87 so i bought a 12)
3. orange wire under steering column with two white wires in it. cut it
4. solder resistor in place connecting two white wires on the wire side coming from the car(not steering wheel).
5. any questions email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Aug 23, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2016 | 1997 Buick Skylark
Sep 01, 2014 | Honda CRV Cars & Trucks
Feb 12, 2014 | 1997 Cadillac DeVille
Mar 14, 2013 | 1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Mar 13, 2012 | 1995 Cadillac Eldorado
Nov 06, 2011 | 2002 Saturn VUE
Oct 02, 2011 | 1997 Chevrolet Venture
Jul 29, 2011 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
Apr 09, 2011 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 27, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe
May 20, 2014 | 1997 Cadillac Eldorado
187 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: