Does it act the same whether you use the driver door switch or the passenger door switch? Please rate as fixya if this helps. thanks
here's repair procedure
Window Regulator, Front Door, Explorer
WARNING: IF THE REGULATOR COUNTERBALANCE SPRING MUST BE REMOVED OR REPLACED FOR ANY REASON, MAKE SURE THAT THE REGULATOR ARMS ARE IN A FIXED POSITION PRIOR TO REMOVAL TO PREVENT POSSIBLE INJURY DURING C-SPRING UNWIND.
Trim Panel, Front Door, Explorer Hi-Series, Two-Door and Four-Door
Removal and Installation
- Remove front door trim panel and front door trim shield . Refer to Section 01-05B .
- Remove the two screws retaining the front door trim panel (23942) located above the window regulator handle (23342) . Also remove one screw in the upper front portion of front door trim panel .
- Remove inside door handle cup (22634) at the window regulator handle using a screwdriver or sharp object. Retention nibs will flex for easy removal.
- To remove window regulator control switch (14529) and outside rear view mirror control (17B676) , use notch located at lower end of outside rear view mirror control using a screwdriver to lift and remove.
- Remove outside rear view mirror control from front door trim panel pulling wire harness from inside of front door trim panel .
- From bottom of outside rear view mirror control, remove two screws and disconnect connector from switches.
NOTE: Do not pull on the front door trim panel to remove clips from the inner panel holes.
- At each plastic clip location, pry the front door trim panel away from the door inner panel using the front door trim panel removing tool from Rotunda Moulding Trim Kit 107-00401 or equivalent.
NOTE: Pay special attention to the cut-out in the door trim panel for the door handle, so that it clears the handle during removal without breakage.
- When wiring and disengagement of trim clips is completed, it is recommended that to remove panel, lift slightly to remove flange at the top of door trim panel from trough in the glass weatherstrip.
- Disconnect socket and bulb from illuminated interior lamp (13776) before total removal of front door trim panel.
For installation, follow removal procedures in reverse order. Replace any bent, damaged or missing plastic clips on the front door trim panel to the front door trim panel , firmly loading clips into slots provided on front door trim panel .
Trim Panel, Front Door, Explorer Hi-Series Four-Door
- Remove inside door belt weatherstrip and glass stabilizer.
- Remove front door window glass as described in this section.
- Remove two nut and washer assemblies attaching the equalizer bracket.
- Remove three rivets (manual) or four rivets (power) attaching the regulator base plate to front door trim panel finish panel (23712) .
- Remove window regulator electric drive and front door window channel bracket from vehicle.
- Working on a bench, carefully bend tab flat to remove arm slides from front door window channel bracket .
- Install new window regulator electric drive arm plastic guides into front door window channel bracket and bend tab back to 90 degrees.
Use care not to break tab; if tab is cracked or broken, replace front door window channel bracket . Make sure rubber bumper is installed properly on new front door window channel bracket Front right door window will not go up or down. - 9b5ccd1.gifement is made.
NOTE: The front door window channel bracket and window regulator electric drive are installed into the vehicle as one assembly. The front door window channel bracket may be disassembled from the window regulator electric drive as described in Steps 7 and 8 of Window Regulator, Removal.
- Install front door trim panel finish panel with preassembled glass bracket into vehicle. Set the regulator base plate to window regulator electric drive using base plate locator tab as a guide.
- Install three (manual) or four (power) rivets (385189-S100) to attach regulator to front door trim panel finish panel .
Two 1/4-20 x 1-inch bolts and two 1/4-20 nut and washer assemblies may be used as alternates for glass retention. However, torque must not exceed 4-7 Nm (3-5 ft-lb). Equivalent metric retainers may be used.
- Install equalizer bracket.
- Install inside door belt weatherstrip and glass stabilizer.
- Lower regulator arms to access holes in front door trim panel finish panel . Install front door window glass as outlined.
- Adjust glass to ensure proper alignment with glass run. Cycle glass for smooth operation.
- Install front door trim panel and front door trim shield . Refer to Section 01-05B .