Question about 1997 Cadillac DeVille
An issue with the Security System - Key fob is broken...lights flash, radio etc works but cannot get car to start. Usually I would just press the lock button on the key fob but that is not working (it is not the battery key fob - I changed it)...anyway to turn off security system so I can start my car? Thanks Julie in Wisconsin
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 04, 2015 | 2007 Chevrolet Chevrolet HHR LT
Dec 20, 2014 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Oct 02, 2014 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Apr 17, 2013 | 2009 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 05, 2012 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2. Remove RADIO fuse from fuse box. Fuse will be number 17 and located at LH side of instrument panel.
3. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times within 5 seconds ending in the RUN position. Off is the position where you can remove your key and Run is the position shy of starting your vehicle (do not crank engine or start vehicle). Be sure you are turning the key from off to run quickly.
4. Doors will Lock and Unlock indicating entry into programming mode.
5. Hold Lock and Unlock at the same time on first remote for approximately 15 seconds. Vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking doors indicating successful programming.
6. Repeat step 5 for each additional remote including working remotes.
7. Switch ignition off. Replace RADIO fuse. Test all remotes.
Nov 12, 2011 | 2000 Pontiac Firebird
Aug 17, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
May 05, 2010 | 2000 Jaguar S-Type
Mar 26, 2010 | 2003 Ford Taurus
Sep 14, 2015 | 1997 Cadillac DeVille
458 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: