Question about 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan
1. Figure out best way to light the tight area to see.
2.look directly behind the light headlight bulb under hood. You will see a round black plastic cover ...Pull it off. Remind yourself how it came off. It will hook into the bottom and snap back in nicely when you are finished.
3, Do NOT pull off wire connector yet. Note/feel how secure it is for when you replace new bulb.
4. On the outside perimeter of the backside of bulb housing you will see a black plastic round ring (this holds the bulb in)...(there are 2 finger tabs...one for clockwise, 1 for counter clockwise). There is hardly any play to either way...push gently Counter-Clockwise to allow bulb loose.
5. Pull Bulb with wires still attached straight out slowly and see how you will reinsert new one.
6. Have new bulb ready...don't touch bulb glass. Pull off wire connector.
7. Put new bulb on exactly same way onto wire connector
8. Gently house the bulb back the way it came in and hold flush.
9. Now push outer black plastic tab clockwise to hold in bulb...bulb should be as secure as before you took it out.
11. Put on round black plastic back housing with hooks inserted into 2 two holes on the bottom and press top back its connector and you will hear a secure click.
12. You are done...have a beer...congratulate yourself. Tom.
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
they are replaced from inside the engine compartment at the rear of the headlight bazals. if it's the side the battery is on you will likely have to remove it first.
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
There are not two rods, there are two clips one under fender weild and one right above the light on top of the cover. Pull up on these two clips and pull the light forward a couple of inches and remove the dust cover. You have to take the air filter cover off to be able to reach in and replace the light. It took me about 10 min to figure these out but hope it helps out.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Behind the headlight you should see a eletrical wires running to the headlight section. There will be a 2 inch round plastic ring. You grap the back of the bulb and turn it to the right which will release the bulb and the socket. You pull out the bulb and replace it the same way. If this doesnt help then get back to me.
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
you can access the bulbs from inside the engine compartment. the socker turns about a quarter turn to remove it. do NOT touch the bulb with your fingers as that will shorten the bulb life. you may have to remove the battery to change the one on that side.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
Helps to remove the battery, but small ahbds can do it.
Directly behind the lens is a big round cap ... twist it off. The bulb is held in place with a spring that locks in to a notch in the holder. When handling the new bulb, don't touch the glass. The oil from your skin will cause it to shatter when turned on.
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2015 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
on Nov 27, 2010 | Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cars & Trucks
Sep 22, 2009 | 2006 Suzuki Forenza
May 29, 2009 | 2006 Dodge Caravan
May 27, 2009 | 1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Mar 07, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Aveo
Feb 06, 2009 | 2006 Chrysler Sebring
Nov 18, 2008 | 2006 Nissan Murano
Oct 13, 2008 | 1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
2,190 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: