Question about 1998 Suzuki Sidekick
I have a 1998 suzuki sidekick sport. I would like to program a remote for the door locks. I bought one from the dealership,but they are not sure how to program it.Can anyone help with this problem.Thanks Tom
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I bought a remote the other day and got these instructions with it. They worked!
1. Make sure vehicle is in Park
2. Press Vehicle Information button (has the icon of a car and an 'i')until 'PRESS *check mark* TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY' displays.
3. Press set/reset button. The message 'REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE' will display.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter at the same time for about 15 seconds. A beep will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.
5. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3. Each vehicle can have a maximum of four transmitters matched to it.
6. To exit the program mode, you must cycle the key to LOCK.
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
Not 100% sure about Suzukis but on my ford the same happened to me and I had to program them at the same time. Hopefully this helps.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
you should be able to have them tested at parts department at chevy dealership and I dont think they will charge ya. I may be wrong but they can test them.otherwise it could be a unit called a liftgate module is what recieves signal
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
If you open trunk and look on inside of trunk where hinge bolts are you will see code numbers . Owners manual will tell you how.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 08, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 16, 2014 | 1997 Mercury Tracer
Feb 05, 2013 | 1998 Suzuki Sidekick
Nov 24, 2012 | 1996 Suzuki Sidekick
May 02, 2012 | 1998 Suzuki Sidekick
Apr 18, 2011 | 2001 Suzuki Swift
Nov 30, 2010 | 1998 Suzuki Sidekick
Oct 08, 2010 | 1996 Suzuki Sidekick
Jun 06, 2010 | 1998 Ford F150 Regular Cab
197 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: