Question about 2005 Honda Accord

1 Answer

How to replace a v-tech pressure switch on a 2005 honda accord 4cyc.

Posted by on

  • bopo1939 Apr 28, 2009

    In the last two weeks we've been getting notices about renewing our extended warranty on the used Hindawe bought 13 months ago. We haven't renewed it yet, but today we were told by a Honda Service person that the VTec Pressure Switch has to be replaced at $220.00 and is not covered on our driveline warranty.

    Where is this switch and is it something I can replace? I do most of the work on our vehicles. Also how much does it cost? We have a 2005 CRV.


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 77 Answers

Facing the engine, find the dipstick, now go left to the end of the engine and toward you several inches and it is there.

It is a pretty easy job. There are a few connectors to disconnect then you will see a cover that has to come off (1 bolt).
The switch is behind the cover. It looks like a cylinder with a sport for a connector on top and a portion that is shaped to be taken off with a wrench at the bottom. It is screwed in.

Just get the part ahead of time so you know what you are looking for.

When you install the new one, make sure you have a new O-Ring on the switch.

Good Luck

Posted on May 02, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Ac clutch won't engauge

Relay will not engage if pressure switch thinks freon is low. This switch does sometimes fail. If you are sure freon is ok, use jumper wire to bypass low pressure switch and see what happens.

Jun 24, 2015 | 2005 Honda Accord 2.4

1 Answer

The green light next to Drive keeps flicking when the car is being driven

more than likely you have a pressure switch that needs to be replaced. I would have a Honda dealer scan it and make sure. probably 3rd gear.

Oct 11, 2013 | 2005 Honda Accord 2.0

2 Answers

Firing order on a 1994 accord 4cyc

92-95 Honda's ... 4 cyl engines firing order is ..
1 3 4 2
#1 spark plug being near the cam... Hope that helps you.

Nov 24, 2012 | 1994 Honda Accord

1 Answer

Do i need a spring compressor to replace the front struts on a 2007 honda accord

Yes. The spring is attached to the strut and is under pressure.

Aug 26, 2011 | 2005 Honda Accord

1 Answer

Trying to locate a "v tech valve" for 1995 honda

No the v tech valve is located in the head and is run off oil pressure.

Jun 17, 2011 | 1995 Honda Accord

1 Answer

Check engine light on on 2005 honda accord coupe. 4cylinder. code is p2647 said trouble shooting do all repairs on vehicles but do not know that code.

p2647 is rocker arm actuator A- bank 1 stuck on--- to fix it should be the VTEC oil pressure switch. That switch will be on the cylinder head. Towards the windshield and passenger's side (I think).

Go to www . hondapartsdeals . com {remove the spaces when typing}

Go to parts, enter your car's info. System: Engine Component Vtec Oil control valve. That diagram should help a lot.

Good Luck.

Jan 27, 2011 | 2005 Honda Accord

2 Answers

How do you replace the drivers side window switch on a 2005 honda accord

Welcome to Fixya

Take off the door panel carefully and you'll see where the wires run for the switch. With the door panel off you'll just need a Phillips Screwdriver to take out the switch.

Thank you for using Fixya!

Dec 12, 2010 | 2005 Honda Accord

1 Answer

Stuck in Park - 2001 Honda Accord 4cyc - Automatic

there is a solenoid on the shifter assembly that allows you to depress the button on the shifter to shift from park. this solenoid is controlled by the brake light switch on your brake pedal arm under the dash. you could have a bad brake light switch, bad wiring, or a bad solenoid on the shifter assembly. if your brake lights work properly, the brake light switch should be okay, and you'd start checking wiring to the solenoid. if the wiring tests good then you should replace the solenoid. you may need to buy the entire shifter assembly as most solenoids are not available seperatly.

Dec 19, 2009 | 2001 Honda Accord

2 Answers

How to fix leak in condenser in 2005 honda accord

you don't repair condensors due to the pressures they run at (up to 400 PSI) u replace them.

Aug 08, 2009 | 2005 Honda Accord

1 Answer

ECU for CL7 Japaneese Accord 2005 being reprogrammed for 2006 model

contact techs at jet chips ..
good luck

Oct 19, 2008 | 2006 Honda Accord

Not finding what you are looking for?
2005 Honda Accord Logo

Related Topics:

49 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Honda Experts


Level 3 Expert

75807 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22133 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8172 Answers

Are you a Honda Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides