Question about 1986 Buick Skylark
1. Try this locate your goose neck its where your thermostat is located should be top hose comming from your radiator to your engine block. Tap on it lightly several times this might be made out of aluminum so don't go crazy on it.
2. Do this while it is hot but not over heating see it it fluxuates and it may calm down, sludge and gum builds up around the thermostat and causes it not to open (Or Sticks) CLOSED and creates pressure and heat it's letting the coolant circulate through the engine thus it can't keep the engine cool.
3. Question does the electric fans kick on, if it has electric fans? If not then the fan has a sensor check sensor loose connections and the ground is very important also make sure the fuse is not blown may have two fuses on on engine fuse block and one under the dash check both.
4. Mileage if its high miles car the radiator may be old depending on your situation may consider replacing it, replace the thermostat that usually is the culprit!
REMEMBER TO check coolant level!
5. But not always. Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance! If doing routine checks on your vehicle Isn't your bag of tricks then try your local jiffy lube or other lube shop. GOOD LUCK!
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2014 | 2007 Cadillac SRX
Nov 05, 2012 | 1996 Buick Skylark
Jul 15, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 05, 2012 | 2000 Chrysler Concorde
Jan 06, 2010 | 2003 Pontiac Grand Am
Nov 02, 2009 | 2001 Volkswagen Passat
Jul 20, 2009 | 2005 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz E320 Cdi
Mar 09, 2009 | 1995 Buick Skylark
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: