I have two keyless entry remotes that are for a 98 lincoln continental. I don't know how to program them both at the same time so they both work. I have the code that is found in the trunk already. I just need instructions on how to program them.
Re: need help programing two keyless entry remotes
Enter the keyless entry code on the door keypad 3 times. Locks will cycle down and up after the third time. Press and release the "lock" button. Locks should cycle again. May need to hold down lock button for 2 sec rather than press and release. Program up to 4 remotes. If cycling the key on-then-off works, you'll probably have to do it quickly 8 times and after the 8th time, locks will cycle down then up and press and release the lock button.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Enter 5-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad. 2. Within 5 seconds of pressing last button of code, press the 1/2 button. All doors will lock then unlock confirming you are in programming mode. 3. Press any button on first Keyless Remote within 5 seconds of pressing the 1/2 button. Locks will cycle to indicate succesful programming. 4. If you are programming more than one Keyless Remote (Including any exsiting remotes) Press any button on second keyless remote within 5 seconds of previous remote. Locks will cycle again to indicate succesfull programming. (If the keypad light goes out before all remotes are programmed the entire process must be repeated). 5. Press the 7/8 and the 9/0 buttons simultaneously on the keypad to exit program mode.
I own a 2007 Buick Lacrosse, but I imported it to Paraguay, South America. Now I bought a new Engine Start Keyless Entry Remote from Amazon, but here we do not have any GM dealer to program the unit.
I really need help to program the keyless remote control, I will appreciate very much your help.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
Not all car systems can communicate with all door openers. But the proceedure it an invite has to come from the head unit. Usually the directions are on the unit, get a ladder, a light and assistant. Best to have all remotes handy.
So some head opener units have two buttons, some have one that gets pushed for different time durations, to access different functions...Long press usually wipes all codes. Short duration invites remotes, one at a time.
So, the car thing, I suggest getting the opener to re accept an existing remote, so that you know and can see the lights flash, etc as it accepts the remote, then the remote functioning the door...
Do the head unit accept and have assistant do the car one...if no function you should know that you had done everything correctly..
Also include keyless entry pads, if you cleared all and reaccept remotes, the keyless are essentially a remote.
All Remote Keyless Entry Modules may be programmed to receive four different
transmitters which all may be used to operate the remote control lock system on the
Also, severalvehicles, each with the same system may all be programmed
to operate from the same transmitter or four different transmitters.
Step 1. Turn ignition off
Step 2. Ground the program pin.(within one second, Lock, Unlock and
Trunk will cycle to indicate module ready for programming.)
program pin is the two wire connector plugged into the RKE reciever in
the trunk of the vehicle at the Left Wheelhouse. Leave the main harness
plugged in but unhook the two wire connector and ground the pins.**
Step 3. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons until:
Lock, Unlock, Trunk, and Horn cycles to indicate the transmitter has successfully been programmed. (This takes no more then 12 seconds)
Step 4. Repeat step 3 for the remaining number of transmitters
Step 5. Remove the ground from the program pin.
Step 6. Verify proper operation of the transmitters.
Keep in mind that 97-99 can be programmed by the owner, 00+ require DEALER programming with the scantool.
I hope helps with this (remember rated this help) Good luck.
reading your post you mention to "open and close switch"..not sure what refering to...these are the instructions from your vehicles service manual...good luck!
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) are programmable and must be set at the same time. NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters into the RAP module, perform the following steps:
Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.
Turn the ignition switch (11572) from OFF to RUN eight times within ten seconds, ending in RUN. If the RAP module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.
Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Diagnosis and Testing.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to 20 seconds after step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the RAP module will lock and unlock all doors one last time to confirm.
SECTION 501-14B: Keyless Entry/Computer Operated Locks
1999 Town Car Workshop Manual
Programming —Keyless Entry Keypad Code
Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.
Press the 1/2 button within five seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than two seconds will erase all stored customer codes. The existing codes do not need to be erased to program new codes.
Enter the new five-digit keyless entry keypad code.
To associate the new code with personality positions 1, 2 or 3, press the 1/2 button within 5 seconds of entering the 5th digit of the new code for position 1 or 3/4 button for position 2 or 5/6 for position 3. The door locks will lock and unlock confirming the new code is programmed.
If another code is to be programmed, begin entering the code within 5 seconds of the last button pressed.
After all new keyless entry codes are programmed:
Press keyless entry keypad buttons 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time to exit the program mode.
Wait for 5 seconds; the driver door module (DDM) will exit the program mode automatically.