Question about 2000 BMW 3 Series

1 Answer

Need to find a name for an engine part

I've got a split in a hose but don't know what it's called. The part goes from the air filter (I think) and is kind of y shaped. It connects by jubilee clips and is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 32 Answers

Its called an air intake pipe

Posted on Apr 12, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


You are probably seeing the air con hose. It usually has a condensation cover over it which also protects it from vibration, and it is split. Check the hose. If there is no evidence of liquid around the split, it should be quite safe to drive the car.
It could also be a breather pipe, in which case there could be some evidence of oil around the hose, Wipe it with a cloth and start the engine. If no liquid emits from it, drive it.

Mar 07, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I turn on the heather and came cold air

I think in those vehicles the temperature controls use engine vacuum to work. If so the small rubber hose which comes off the inlet manifold and goes to heater controls more than likely has a split in it. So when your engine is idling there is not enough vacuum to operate the valve that controls the water flow through your heater/ac. Pretty cheap fix unless the split is up under the dash Let me know how you get on

Apr 05, 2014 | 1995 Mercury Villager

1 Answer

Tube from air filter to engine???

Blow by hose,valve cover to air filter.

Jun 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do you change the air filter?

The air filter cover is the big plastic square box conected to a huge hose that goes to the intake. To remove the cover, snap out the steel clips with your fingrs or a screwdriver ( I think they are just 2 in the Caravan), and loose (but keep it on) the clamp around the big hose I mentioned. It might take some jerking because it gets stuck sometimes. There's an air flow sensor conected to the hose itself, so, if it's in the way or you risk breaking it, just unplug it. All the Dodge electrical connectors have a red safety pin that you need to slide first. Once you remove the filter cover, take the filter out and clean everything (like leaves) off the filter casing. Install the new filter (it goes just in one position), and reinstall the cover, hose and connector. Snap the clips back and don't forget to tighten the clamp. Make sure you don't force the cover to close if it does not look right, some cars use two slots that need to be put back first, and then the clips.

Jul 29, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan

2 Answers

My rig is a 1991 Ford F250, auto, 4x4 with a 460 engine. I have a antifreeze leak somewhere above my oil filter. I think it is coming out of the silver box that my bottom radiator hose goes into... but I...

Is that silver box by chance the water pump? I would imagine the small hose is for the heater ... The big hose goes in, that's where it would draw in the water/coolant mix.

Jun 24, 2011 | Ford F-250 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What part number for the filter

call your auto parts store, we don't know if it's the air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, cabin filter, pvc system filter, transmission filter, p/s filter, don't know what kind of car, size of engine, need to know more information that I NEED A FILTER.

Jun 24, 2011 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

The box, i dont know what else to call ir, where the air filter is located - has to small hoses on the left end - i can see the top one goes to block -where does the bottom one go?

what engine?

If its a 3.0 the bottom one is a drain and goes nowhere but down. I think the 3.3 and the 3.8 are simular but the air boxes are in a different location.

I’m happy to assist further over the phone at

Mar 09, 2011 | 1992 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

Need diagram of engine for 2002 cavalier z24

Its the upper radiator hose should be located topside beside the engine oil dipstick,any smaller hoses you have running into the radiator are heater hoses, the lower radiator hose is where coolant enters from radiator into engine and is pumped up with water pump thru water jackets in engine and eventually returns thru the upper radiator hose which is most prone to damage due to splitting and cracking, I hope this helped.

Apr 22, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

Not finding what you are looking for?
2000 BMW 3 Series Logo

Related Topics:

50 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top BMW Experts

Anthony Jones
Anthony Jones

Level 2 Expert

128 Answers

Chris Bowser

Level 1 Expert

18 Answers


Level 2 Expert

102 Answers

Are you a BMW Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides