Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Go to the dealer. It is the only way, they have to use a computer. Changing the battery doesn't make it lose it's program though. You most likely broke the battery hold down. This is the most common thing I see at my shop. If the key still starts the vehicle, you now have a bad key fob. If not, you may be able to get it reprogrammed.
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Daimier Chrysler North American Remote Keyless Entry Programming procedures
Program Method A (Customer Program Method)
1. Press (LOCK) button 5 times at 2 second Intervals to resynchronize transmitter, Attempt to function transmitter, If working as designed discontinue programming.
2. Turn ignition to run position, (Allow Ignition chimes to stop).
3. Using any original (working )transmitter, press the [UNLOCK] button for 4 to 10 seconds.
4. Within the specified 4 to l0 seconds, continue pressing the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button for 1 second and release both buttons (AN/DN release either button first). A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
5. Press [LOCK] and [UNLOCK] buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release (a short chime will sound for AN/DN).
6. Press and release any button an the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter (locks will cycle for AN/DN).
NOTE.- (FOR DR ONLY) A CHIME WILL NOT SOUND ON STEP #6 FOR THE FIRST TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMED, BUT WILL SOUND UPON PROGRAMMING THE SECOND TRANSMITTER.
7. Repeat steps 5 through 6 to program additional transmitters.
8. Turn ignition to OF:F position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 60 seconds (30 seconds for AN/DN and RS). (All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified).
Posted on Nov 05, 2009
SOURCE: How to program a used
If this is an used FOB,you will need to take it back to the dealer as the only way to program the fob is with a scan tool. They should do it for free any way as they lost the progra.
Procedure to program NEW FOB :-
Programming The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Module
1. Unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
2. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting the engine.
4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
5. While still holding the UNLOCK button, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button and release both at the same time. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Code(s).
6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons on the transmitter at the same time. Then press and release any one of the buttons. The BCM will sound an abbreviated chime to acknowledge that the programming of the transmitter has been completed and was successful.
7. Repeat step 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle, up to 4 total.
8. Programming mode will last for 30 seconds. To get out of programming mode sooner, turn the ignition OFF. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer accept additional Vehicle Access Code(s).
9. When Vehicle Access Code(s) programming is complete, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and verify RKE system operation using each key fob.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Kindly accept my solution.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 11, 2011
SOURCE: 2010 dodge caravan
On the bottom of the auto transmission there is a belly pan, this pan must be removed to drain the fluid out of the transmission and replace the internal fluid filter. So you will need a large drain pan to catch the fluid and a floor jack to raise the van and safety stands to support it while you remove the bolts that hold the pan on, there is no drain plug so this is a VERY messy job. Clean off the old gasket completely, use no sealer and use a high quality trans pan gasket, the dealer is best or you will have leakage problems, tighten the bolts to 12-14 pounds of torque with a torque wrench, this is very important.
Posted on Feb 10, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 28, 2016 | 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 24, 2016 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Feb 16, 2014 | 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 16, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 15, 2013 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Aug 08, 2012 | 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
Aug 04, 2010 | 1996 Dodge Caravan
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!