How do you take bumper of vw passat 2003 to replace radiator
T25 Torx Screwdriver
Phillips Head Screwdriver (if equipped with fog lights)
Small Flathead screwdriver
Wide Flathead Screwdriver
1. Jack the car up on both sides and remove the front wheels. Use
Jackstands and please observe all safety procedures. I'm sure it's
possible to do this by turning the wheels to each side as you work in
the wheel wells, but this was easiest for me to do.
2. Remove the hood release lever.
Pry out the plastic guide on the front of the grill, and looking
directly down on the hood release lever attachment point, you'll see a
metal clip. Using your small screwdriver, flip that clip up so it's off
of the plastic lever and place your wide screwdriver in the Y of the
plastic, turn the large screwdriver to spread the Y off the pins that
it is holding on to. This can be VERY frustrating, so take your time.
If you need to remove the latch cover in frustration, it's a $6 part
from Liberty (experience)
3. Remove the front grill.
Just a T25 torx screw on each side and clips underneath, be careful not
to break the clips as you pull it off. If you have an aftermarket grill
you might have to pull through or cut off your double-sided tape
4. Remove the 3 lower grills (they just pop out, the middle one is a
little tricky, just take your time and make sure all the plastic clips
5. Remove fog lights (if equipped) 3 screws each and disconnect
5. Remove the 4 T25 screws from the top of the bumper (under where the grill just sat)
6. Remove 4 T25 Screws from each wheel well, one is pointed straight
up, you'll have to feel under the wheel well where the bumper meets the
fender to find it.
7. Climb under the car and remove the 3 flat head screws (they just twist out)
8. With your helper, pull the bumper straight towards you from each
side, and remove the connections from the side markers. The bumper
should now be free.
Installation is basically the reverse of
removal HOWEVER, there are tabs on each side of the car that line up
with tabs on the bumper, be absolutely sure that these line up, they
will center the bumper for you and hold it on while you screw it in.
Removing Bumper strip
1. Looking at the back of the bumper that you just removed, find the 4
tabs and 4 hooks holding the strip on. The hooks are down by the side
marker holes, and the tabs are on the front of the bumper.
You'll see a black pin holding one of the hooks in place, if you push
with a small screwdriver on the bottom of this pin, you'll see another,
smaller pin come up, pull this pin out as far as you can and the large
pin will pop right out.
3. With your screwdriver, carefully
pry back the tabs and pull on the strip from the front of the bumper,
releasing it in sections.
4. After all the tabs are removed,
pull the strip away from the bumper (as if you were pulling it from off
from the front of the car, and it should come right off)
I hope help you woth this. Good luck (remember rated this help).
Oct 01, 2009 |
2003 Volkswagen Passat