Question about Ford F-350
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: pathfinder 2003 pcv
The PCV valve is located in the valve cover on the passenger side of the vehicle. The valve is closer to the firewall than it is to the front of the engine. It has a hose attached to it and threads into the valve cover.
Nissan Scope Technician- 10+ years experience is Nissan dealership
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Here's a picture to locate it..
So, when looking at the engine from above, on the right of the exhaust.
Procedure to replace it
1) Lift and support the front end of your car, or drive up on ramps
2) Get under the front of your car. The PCV Valve is located behind the exhaust manifold, a few inches below the valve cover.
3) Push up on the PCV valve to pop it out of the tube, or pull. You can get it out of the rubber tube with some effort.
4) Remove the rubber elbow from the top of the PCV valve. This can be re-used if it's not squishy. It can also be replaced cheaply.
5) Put the elbow on the new PCV Valve
6) Re-attach the elbow to the PCV tube
7) Push the new PCV valve back down into the large rubber tube
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
It is below the egr valve close to the intake manifold below the intake air sensor, there is a tube running to it from the engine to recirculate exhaust air with fresh air, there is a clamp holding it to the air intake that you need pliers to remove, then you need to turn counter-clockwise 90 degrees to remove, do the reverse to install. to make it easier to access remove the upper intake. The pcv valve is not visible, however, you can identify it by the 3" inch long rubber hose that connects to the steel line running into the bottom of the intake. I have the part and am going to replace it soon, although Ford really makes it difficult to remove it -
pcv valve is located just under the throttle body. remove air cleaner assembly from throttle body and you will see a u shaped hose running horizontally.
Posted on Jan 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Oct 05, 2014 | 2004 Ford F350
Sep 20, 2013 | 2000 Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab
May 29, 2011 | 1999 Ford F250 Regular Cab
Feb 19, 2010 | 2003 Ford ZX2
Oct 05, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Aug 26, 2009 | 2003 Ford F350 Super Duty DRW SuperCab
Feb 27, 2009 | 2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab
294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: