Question about 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE CABIN AIR FILTER IN 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2016 | 2006 Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu
Oct 22, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Apr 07, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Mar 14, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Jan 16, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Dec 14, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Aug 18, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Nov 12, 2008 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
11,461 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!