Question about 2001 Chevrolet Impala
Radio locked I have a 2001 impala. It has been intermittently locking the radio/CD player which I believe is the original. I was told that my battery was likely dying so had a new battery put in and it is still doing it. The airbag light usually comes on when radio locks. Why is it doing this? Please help. Thanks.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Radios in the 2004 Impalas are tied to the vehicle's VIN through the computer, so it may be somewhat difficult to get the code. However, the following steps should work:
1. Press and hold the buttons for presets 1 & 4 (may be 2 & 3). The word "SEC" should show.
2. Press the "MIN" button. "000" should be displayed.
3. Press the "MIN" button again to have the second two numbers appear. Record these numbers.
4. Press the "HR" button for the first two numbers to appear. Record these numbers. -- Note: Your number sequence should be the numbers from the "HR" button followed by the numbers from the "MIN" button.
5. Call 1-800-537-5140. This will get you to the GM unlock code automated line. Ignore the prompt and enter "202108#". Next enter your code (remember, HR then MIN) followed by the * key. For example, 1234*. A 3 or 4 digit code will be given to you. If you get a code such as 0532, drop the zero when entering it into your radio.
6. Enter the code into the radio IAW the applicable manual.
Posted on May 30, 2008
SOURCE: CD Player Quit Working
the only thing i can sagest is that you leave the battery disconnected over night this may reset the cd player and it may
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
Recognise that it has cds in it
the only other thing i can think of is that when it says enter single disk only that you do so to a point don't let it go all the way in
this may make the cd player think there is a disk in there
hope this helps
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
SOURCE: 2001 Chevy Impala won't start
If the battery has gone dead, it could cause the security system to go into full lock-up mode. If it has locked up the accessories will work after the battery is charged back up , but the power to the starter will be cut off and it wont turn over. You need to do the 30 minute learn procedure. A GM dealer will print it out for you and you can do it yourself. It's very simple if you follow the procedure exact. hope this helps and good luck.
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
Passenger side of the fender under the hood - check the fuse relay box - about $12.00 a piece - they do go bad from time to time.
exchange the power lock relay with another one and test the locks.
then put the relay back and go to the autostore.
Posted on Aug 12, 2009
someone (hopefully you) set the 3 or 4 digit security code on the radio. when power is disconnected, like if someone steals your radio, the radio locks and cannot be used. the code can be from 000 to 1999. the hour and minute buttons are used to enter the numbers. 2000 choices - good luck
to unlock the system:
1 turn on ignition - LOC will appear
2 press MN and '000' will appear
3 press MN again until you see the last 2 digits of the code you want to try
4 press HR until you see the first 1 or 2 digit of the code you want to try
5 press AM FM
6 SEC will appear if you got it right - LOC will show if you got it wrong
Posted on Nov 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 26, 2017 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
Sep 05, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
Apr 16, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
Jun 01, 2009 | 2001 Ford Taurus
Feb 20, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
May 17, 2008 | 2000 Renault 181
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!