Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: PCV valve location
if i know what you are asking, look at where you put your oil in. on the valve cover to the top right should be a plug with a tubeing runs to your air clear tube where the air mass sensor and carb is located. i think that is what you are looking for.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
PCV . Positive Crankcase Ventalation Valves are always located in the valve cover pans with a hose attached usually leading to the air cleaner, or some other vacuum source..
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
Here's a picture to locate it..
So, when looking at the engine from above, on the right of the exhaust.
Procedure to replace it
1) Lift and support the front end of your car, or drive up on ramps
2) Get under the front of your car. The PCV Valve is located behind the exhaust manifold, a few inches below the valve cover.
3) Push up on the PCV valve to pop it out of the tube, or pull. You can get it out of the rubber tube with some effort.
4) Remove the rubber elbow from the top of the PCV valve. This can be re-used if it's not squishy. It can also be replaced cheaply.
5) Put the elbow on the new PCV Valve
6) Re-attach the elbow to the PCV tube
7) Push the new PCV valve back down into the large rubber tube
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
The valve is located under the thermostat housing facing the front of the car. There is very little room to work with here. You'll have to pull the hose up from the valve then pull the valve out.
Posted on Mar 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 04, 2014 | 2008 Chevrolet Colorado
Sep 06, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 07, 2013 | 2008 Ford Taurus SEL
Dec 26, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Lumina
Dec 13, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
May 25, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Malibu
Jun 19, 2009 | 2000 Buick LeSabre
Feb 08, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!