Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: need torque specs
Valve Rocker Arm Bolt 19 N·m + 30° (14 lb ft+ 30°)
A GM dealer shows me another source, which says 32 Nm (24 lb-ft). Not sure which one is right but they screwed up my car.
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
14 ft/lbs first pass on all then an additional 30 degrees for all on final pass ..by the way 1 bolt flat to the next bolt flat is 60 degrees so all nuts get half a bolt flat final torque if ya wanna throw caution to the wind torque it to 16 ft lbs and be done with it. lol these specs are from gm ok. good luck and ps the intake pushrods are shorter than the exhaust pushrods and there is no clearance if you get them in wrong an apprentice found this out 3 years ago and a lot of people saw what happens lol..good luck
Posted on Nov 24, 2009
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
Testimonial: "thank you "
SOURCE: I replaced the lifters in
1.5 and 1.8 engines:
* Install the rocker arm and shaft assemblies. Tighten the rocker arm shaft retainer bolts to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
* Check valve adjustment and install the valve cover. Tighten the valve cover bolts to 16 inch lbs. (1.8 Nm) for the 1.5L engine or to 29 inch lbs. (3.3 Nm) for the 1.8L engine.
* Lubricate the rocker shaft with clean engine oil and install the rockers and springs in their proper places.
* Install the rocker shaft assemblies on the engine. Tighten the bolts gradually and evenly to 21-25 ft. lbs. (29-35 Nm).
Fig. Rocker arm shafts and components-2.4L engine
* Fit the rocker shaft springs from above and position them so that they are at right angles to the plug side. Install the rocker springs before installing the exhaust side rocker shaft and rocker arm assembly.
* Install the exhaust side rocker shaft assembly in the engine. Tighten the rocker shaft mounting bolts gradually and evenly to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
* Remove the lash adjuster retaining tools.
* Install the rocker cover and tighten the mounting bolts to 30 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
* Reinstall the spark plug wires to the spark plugs.
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
Testimonial: "You were very helpful. Thank you very much."
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2015 | 2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Jun 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 17, 2012 | 1996 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Aug 15, 2010 | 1994 Mitsubishi Montero
Jul 30, 2010 | Chevrolet S 10 Cars & Trucks
Nov 23, 2009 | 1995 Honda Accord
Sep 29, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen Golf
May 05, 2009 | 1996 Hyundai Accent
Dec 28, 2008 | 1998 Chevrolet Astro
238 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!