Question about Volvo C70
Coolant should be checked for specific gravity on regular intervals to ensure that it is within the 35-50% range depending on the climatic conditions. Too strong or too weak and it will be detremental to the aluminium parts of the engine and will cause corrosion. Have it changed to ensure that it is ok.
Posted on Jul 29, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2004 Volvo C70 console light
IT IS A LITTLE BULB IN THE GEAR SELECTOR SAME AS ASTRAY LIGHT IT COSTS 10.00 AT A VOLVO DEALER AND THE REASON IT KEEPS BURNING OUT IS THAT BUMPS IN THE ROAD CAN SHOCK IT AND YES IT WILL BURN OUT
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
using the controls on your center console enter the menu and then car settings and you should be able to change the units of measure there
Posted on Jul 04, 2010
I just did this on my 2008 C70, which I believe uses the same type of bulb. It's very easy. By the time you do your second one, you can probably do it in less than 5 minuites.
1) Take careful note of the orientation of the headlight houseing retaining pin, HID transformer, and bulb retention device.
2) Refer to the owners manual to pull the headlight housing retaining pin.
3) Pull the headlight housing forward until you can access the wiring harness plug. Push the clip on the top of the plug to unlock, then remove the plug.
4) At this poing the entire headlight housing is detached from the car. Take it indoors and have a beer before the next step.
5) Push back the two spring clips and remove the access door from the back of the headlight housing.
6) At this point in the owners manual, the instructions tell you to refer the problem to an expert and do not provide further details. Shoot you got the darn thing out. And you have a beer in hand. You look like an expert. Let's continue.....
7) The low beam light has a transforer attached to the back of the bulb. Unplug the wires attached to the transformer.
7) Twist the transformer counter clockwise 1/8 turn, and remove the transformer.
8) The base of the bulb is now visiable, but the bulb is held in by a large retaining knurled plastic knob about 1-3/4 inch in diameter. Twiist that knob 1/8 inch turn counter clockwise and remove.
9) The old bulb is now free, and can be removed. Do not touch the glass on the new bulb, but carefully seat it in the same orientation in the housing.
10) Assembly is a reverse of the previous steps. Hopefully you paid attention to the orientation during removal, as the bulb, retaining knob, transformer, and housing retaining pin all are keyed and will fit in one way only.
11) Have another beer, and bask in the admiration of your family and friends, you expert you! Congratulations!
Posted on Feb 28, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2015 | 2001 Volvo C70
May 11, 2014 | 2007 Volvo C70
Jun 20, 2012 | 2007 Volvo C70
Mar 11, 2012 | 2007 Volvo C70
Jan 21, 2012 | 2007 Volvo C70
Jan 12, 2011 | 2002 Volvo C70
Oct 31, 2010 | 2007 Volvo C70
Apr 29, 2010 | 2007 Volvo C70
Mar 14, 2010 | 2002 Volvo C70
Aug 08, 2009 | 2007 Volvo C70
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: