Question about 2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Test the following and fix it. GOD BLESS you.
If nothing happens when you turn the ignition key to the "Start" position, it means that the starter motor doesn't turn over the engine. Most commonly this could be caused by a dead battery;
If the battery checks out OK, but the starter still won't crank, there could be a number of possible reasons. Here are some of them:
• The ignition switch could be bad - it's a common problem. An ignition switch is an electrical switch installed at the back of the ignition lock mechanism. If jiggling the key in the ignition helps start the car, the ignition switch should be checked first.
• The starter solenoid control wire could have a bad connection.
• The starter motor itself or a starter solenoid could be bad.
• A neutral safety switch is bad. If a car doesn't start with the transmission in Park, but starts in Neutral, it could be caused by a problem with a neutral safety switch.
• A problem with vehicle's security system or some other electronic control module (e.g., ECM, BCM) may also prevent the starter from operating.
Posted on Jul 27, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2015 | 2011 BMW X1 xDrive20d
Mar 02, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 23, 2014 | 1997 Geo Prizm
Mar 22, 2014 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Dec 16, 2012 | 2004 Peugeot 307 SW
Nov 09, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 26, 2010 | 2005 Ford F-150
Apr 06, 2009 | 1989 Chevrolet Corvette
Aug 14, 2008 | 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe
194 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: