Question about 2002 Buick Park Avenue
Test the following and fix it. God bless you
If nothing happens when you turn the ignition key to the "Start" position, it means that the starter motor doesn't turn over the engine. Most commonly this could be caused by a dead battery;
If the battery checks out OK, but the starter still won't crank, there could be a number of possible reasons. Here are some of them:
• The ignition switch could be bad - it's a common problem. An ignition switch is an electrical switch installed at the back of the ignition lock mechanism. If jiggling the key in the ignition helps start the car, the ignition switch should be checked first.
• The starter solenoid control wire could have a bad connection.
• The starter motor itself or a starter solenoid could be bad.
• A neutral safety switch is bad. If a car doesn't start with the transmission in Park, but starts in Neutral, it could be caused by a problem with a neutral safety switch.
• A problem with vehicle's security system or some other electronic control module (e.g., ECM, BCM) may also prevent the starter from operating.
see the diagram attached and proceed.
Posted on Jul 27, 2013
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2015 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Mar 31, 2015 | 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
Sep 09, 2014 | 2002 Chevrolet Venture Passanger
Jun 15, 2014 | 2003 Saab 9-3
Mar 27, 2014 | 2001 Pontiac Aztek
Aug 26, 2011 | 2003 Jaguar X-Type
Apr 19, 2011 | Mitsubishi Galant Cars & Trucks
Dec 30, 2010 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Aug 25, 2010 | Mercedes-Benz C230 Cars & Trucks
Jul 30, 2009 | 2001 Ford Windstar
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: