Question about 2008 Mazda 6 2.3i

1 Answer

Map sensor where exactly is the map sensor and how do i get to it? underneath the car or on top?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Mazda Master
  • 5,280 Answers

Well, it would not be underneath. Often were attached to firewall behind the engine, or on top of engine somewhere. But check, nowadays the map sensor has been replaced by a MAF sensor (mass air flow sensor) to give the engine computer the same information-how much air is going to engine to compute correct air/fuel mixture.
The MAF sensor is in the big rubber boot from the air filter housing to the throttle body assembly, where air enters the top of engine. There will be a wiring harness connected to it. The sensor is very delicate, but can be taken off and cleaned with a spray can of MAF sensor cleaner, available just about anywhere. I've seen cans of the stuff at Walmart.

Posted on Jul 26, 2013

Testimonial: "i have done some research and in my haynes manual says that it's under the intake manifold on the drivers side, held in by a 10mm bolt. i don't know the easiest way to get it out though"

  • montehammons Jul 27, 2013

    Hmm, guess you will have to check there then. I would not think the intake would have to be removed to reach it, but I don't know. A map sensor would have a 3 wire connector and a single vacuum hose from the intake manifold to it. You might try to follow a vacuum hose in that area.


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is the map senosr location?

there is no EFI fuel injection map on that car.
the MAP is for the EGR tests ONLY
and is smack on top off the Plenum.'
the MAF at air cleaner, is used to measure air flow and most injection rates are based on that. (its top dog for fueling)
post symptoms first. is best.
btw, that EGR map, clean it and forget it.

the EGR map is exactly here

based here, (all suz egr here)

Aug 05, 2014 | 1996 Geo Tracker 2 Door

1 Answer

Wiring on map sensor

Some of those models had a MAP Sensor and some didn't.The mazda and the Ford ranger are the exact same truck with the exception of the grill and tail lights. I am not sure if your saying that you have a map sensor and no wire or a wire and not map sensor.If there is no wire for a map sensor then you truck does not require one. If it has the wire then you will have to get a map sensor.The trucks that don't have a map sensor will have a Mass Air Flow Sensor, located at the top of the air filter box.
I hope this will help you.

Apr 18, 2014 | 1994 Mazda 2WD B Series Pickup

1 Answer

2002 jeep map sensor problems

Not exactly sure what you're describing. Incorrect voltage to or from Map sensor? Map sensors are very sensitive. I clean mine with a Map Sensor Spray cleaner every time I change the Air filter. Check to see if the fine, almost hair like wires in the Map sensor are broken...replace and/or clean if necessary. Best of luck resolving this problem.

Mar 31, 2014 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Where is the map sensor located on a 1.9 litre vw jetta?

For exact location and replacing procedure of VW jetta MAP sensor,click the link below and follow the details with diagrams:-----Where is MAP Sensor Located on VW Jetta
---------These will help.Thanks.

Nov 25, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to replace a pcv valve

3.8 or 3.1 liter? The 3.8 liter has a cover on the passenger side of the intake plenum. The map sensor is possibly mounted to the top. Twist the cover to remove. The pcv valve will be underneath, make sure you install the o-ring exactly how it was on the old one! The 3.1 liter is on the drivers side of the front valve cover. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Thank you for using!

Mar 14, 2012 | 1993 Chevrolet Lumina

1 Answer

How do you find and replace the pcv valve on a 1996 Buick Park Avenue?

3.8 liter non super charged.

Remove the plastic cover over the top of the engine. on the passenger side of the intake plenum there is a senor (MAP Sensor). That sensor mounts to the top of the PCV cover. Remove the MAP sensor. Remove the cover and the PCV valve will be underneath.

Mar 19, 2011 | 1996 Buick Park Avenue

2 Answers

Location of the pvc on 2002 buick 3.8?

on the passeger side of the intake plenum there will be a sensor called the MAF sensor. It will have three wires going to it. The PCV valve is under the cover that the MAF sensor mounts to.


Mar 06, 2011 | 2002 Buick LeSabre

1 Answer

How do I change the MAP sensor on a 96 Toyota Camry?

Hi Amviergever,
The map sensor is a small unit fitted onto the bulk head fire wall (The panel which separated the passenger compartment from the engine compartment)....Its fitted about one meter from the identification plate. The map sensor is fitted in place by a ten millimeter bolt....It has a thin rubber vacuum pipe fitted underneath (about six millimeter outside diameter) and the other end is attached to the surge tank (which is the cylindrical casting on top of the intake manifold. The mapping sensor also has a small electrical connector. Pull off the pipe, disconnect the electrical connection and remove the bolt....Fit new unit....Bolt plug and electrics....To delete fault code from the memory of the computer, remove the EFI fuse from the fuse holder for about ten fifteen minutes and then replace. That's it.
Regards Johngee10

Feb 07, 2011 | Toyota Camry Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

How do i change the map sensor on a 2002 monte carlo 3.8 litre engine?

Open both clips on each side of MAP sensor and pull right out, just press new one in, no reprogramming is needed. MAP sensor sit on top of intake.

Jun 14, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

2 Answers

PCV valve location for 2005 Buick LeSabre

Its in the upper intake manifold on passanger side. Inside the manifold. Be sure to put o-ring on pcv or check engine light will come on.

May 25, 2009 | 2005 Buick LeSabre

Not finding what you are looking for?
2008 Mazda 6 2.3i Logo

85 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mazda Experts


Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8210 Answers

Are you a Mazda Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides