Question about Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: porsche key fob
If the key had gone faulty, the key code must be re programmed on the vehicle computer. This can be done only using a PIWIS tool, available at the dealer or at a qualified Porche garage.
Try also the following reset:
turn ignition on,
remove the transponder from the column
push any button on the fob within 6 seconds.
This procedure will reset the key synchronizing again with the vehicle computer.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
replace the key fob, please contact mercedes, who will supply u with a pre programmed key, it will save u a lot of aggro in the long run
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
my mum had a similar problem and it turn out the code the key transmits to the engine had gone wrong she took it to a vw dealer and they reprogrammed the key. it works fine now and is a common problem. hope that helps
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
I have the same problem with my 2008 Grand Prix - replaced the batteries in both key fobs - they worked for a few days and quit working. Remote start does not work and both of the cigarette lighter chargers do not work either. I have recieved a "charging system failure" message on the readout screen as well. I have checked with 2 different mechanics and they are not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted on Dec 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2016 | 2011 Chevrolet Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
Mar 09, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Oct 02, 2014 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Oct 31, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 03, 2011 | 2011 Dodge Journey
Feb 02, 2011 | 2003 Nissan Altima
Jan 22, 2011 | 1996 Nissan Maxima
Nov 14, 2010 | 2008 Nissan Maxima
May 16, 2008 | 1994 Nissan Maxima
Sep 20, 2017 | Ford Cars & Trucks
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!