Question about 2001 Audi A6 1.8
If I understand it correctly, you are talking about the starter motor replacement. In that case here it is how you can do it. Hope this helps.
1) Remove the feed to the battery & remove the driver side (right hand drive) road wheel.
2) Remove the shroud around the drive shaft (held on with 3 Allen bolts)
3) Remove the two bolts holding the starter motor
4) From under the car (once the underbody tray is removed) you can get your hand in to undo the support bracket and the two nuts holding the electrical connection. this is quite hard as the top nut is hard to get to. but because you have already undone the other retaining bolts you should be able to turn the motor to some degree.
5) Once all undone, a few grazed knuckles later an you should be able to wiggle/push/pull the starter motor out of the bell housing.
6) you should now be able to slide this out through the wheel as the area is just big enough (with the drive shaft shroud removed) to do so.
7) In true Haynes manualstyle - refitting is the reversal of removal - except be patient when trying to do up the electrical connections.
Posted on Jul 24, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2016 | 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
May 14, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 14, 2014 | 2001 Ford Focus
Oct 20, 2013 | 2005 Citroen C5 2.0
Jan 09, 2013 | 2011 Citroen C5 Tourer
Feb 10, 2010 | 2001 Audi A4
Dec 27, 2009 | 2001 Volvo S40
Jan 31, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
May 25, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: