Hi, my name is John I will do my best to assist you.
NOTE: The target magnet has 2 locating dowels which fit into the machined locating holes in the end of the camshaft.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the filtered air tube from the throttle body and air cleaner housing.
- For SOHC engines, remove the air cleaner inlet tube.
- For SOHC engines, detach the electrical connectors from the engine coolant sensor and the camshaft position sensor.
- For DOHC engines, unplug the electrical connector from the camshaft position sensor.
- For SOHC engines, remove the brake booster hose and the electrical connectors form the holders on the end of the cylinder head cover.
- Unfasten the camshaft position sensor mounting screws, then remove the sensor.
- Loosen the screw/bolt attaching the target magnet to the rear of the camshaft.
The camshaft position sensor is mounted to the rear of the cylinder head - SOHC engine shown
- Install the target magnet in the end of the camshaft. Tighten the retainer to 30 inch lbs. (3.4 Nm).
- Install the camshaft position sensor. Tighten the sensor mounting screws to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- For SOHC engines, place the brake booster hose and the electrical harness in the holders on the end of the valve cover.
- Attach the electrical connector(s) to the camshaft position sensor and coolant temperature sensor (if necessary).
- Install the air cleaner inlet tube and the filtered air tube.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Location of the camshaft position sensor - DOHC engine shown
Unfasten the retaining bolt, then remove the target magnet from the rear of the camshaft - SOHC shown, DOHC similar
The target magnet has 2 locating dowels for proper alignment during installation