Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Disconnect negative side of battery.
2. Wait at least 2-minutes to de-energize the airbag system
3. Remove the glove box from the dash.
4. There will be a coax cable towards the top of the opening. Disconnect the antenna cable lead.
5. Remove the right kick trim panel. There should be no screws just clips.
6. Loosen the rubber grommet insulator from the door hinge area. This is a rubber accordian style guard for wires located between the "A" pillar and the door.
7. Pull the antenna cable out of the dash area to the hinge area.
8. Jack up the front right of the vehicle. Support with Jack Stands. Do not use only the Jack! Use the jack as a back-up in case of Jack Stand failure.
9. Remove the right front tire.
10. Remove the right front wheel housing splash shield. There should be 3-push type retainers and one 10 mm bolt below the bumper.
11. Slide the plastic cover (on the base) up on the antenna mast.
12. Use a open end wrench to unscrew the antenna mast at the base and remove the antenna mast.
13. Remove the plastic cap from the base nut on the base and remove the base nut.
14. From underneath the fender: pull down the antenna base. And pull the cable towards you - out from the door hinge area into the fender area.
Good Luck! Installation is reverse of above.
If this helped or you need clarification or additional help: let me know at fixya.com
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2014 | 1999 Nissan Terrano
May 18, 2013 | 2002 Ford Crown Victoria
Jul 27, 2012 | 2005 Nissan Terrano 2.7
Apr 06, 2009 | 1994 Buick LeSabre
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!