Question about Isuzu Rodeo
Cod p0304 refers to cylinder 4- misfire detected==causes--engine mechanical fault--wiring---ignition/ fuel system--injector---ECT/MAF sensor--ecm. I would be looking at a faulty injector in no4 cylinder unless you have a burnt valve. Have a compression test done to eliminate mechanical failure.
Posted on Jul 19, 2013
With a p0304 - there are a few thing it could be.
1. The spark plug is bad. You can test this by switching plug 4 with 3 and if the misfire comes on three, then it's the spark plug. Also make sure the connectors are setup in the order made specifically to your car. 1 needs to be with cylinder 1, 2 with 2, etc.
2. It could be the coil pack. You can take this out and inspect them as well as clean them. You can use rubbing alcohol to do this. Find your specs on voltage - if you have a multimeter, you may be able to test this.
3. If it's your injector, you can test this too with a multimeter. Just set it to ohms, i'd say 20 should work. Unplug the piece plugged in next to the injector and put the red and black probes on the metal prongs. Check your car specs for what it should be reading but generally - if you get nothing, especially on 4, it's no good.
4. You can do the screwdriver test for the injectors. Just get a long screwdriver, turn the car on and place it on the injector itself. Feel with your thumb or put your ear to the screwdriver. It should pulse. Injectors are like an electric solenoid that creates a magnetic pulse. If you notice a weak pulse or no pulse, especially on the misfiring cylinder, it's no good.
5. Is all this checks out, you can do a compression check to check the psi which will tell you the condition of your engine. Look up your specs. You can do a wet and dry compression test. You will want to youtube videos for how to do this and investigate your car, first, or have it professionally done if you are not sure. Things can fry depending on hookup, things not being unplugged right, etc.
Posted on Jul 20, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 06, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 18, 2015 | 2001 Mazda Tribute
Jul 16, 2012 | 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Coupe 5.0L V8...
Oct 17, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 13, 2010 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Feb 09, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
Aug 06, 2009 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Dec 17, 2017 | 2004 Isuzu Rodeo
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: