Question about Cars & Trucks
I have tried installing a new battery in the fob but still doesn't work. If I open the door manually with the key, will the alarm then continue to sound?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Turn ignition switch to position II. Turn ignition switch to position 0 and remove key. Within 1 minute: Press and hold key lock button. Press unlock button 5 times. Remote control should now operate system. If not: Repeat procedure.
Key remote control added or replaced. System malfunction.
Keys can only be programmed using diagnostic equipment.
Posted on Feb 14, 2010
Testimonial: "Spot on work great thanks."
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2017 | SsangYong Cars & Trucks
Mar 01, 2015 | 2005 SsangYong Rexton
Dec 31, 2014 | 1998 Kia Sportage
Sep 07, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 23, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
May 23, 2012 | SsangYong Rexton Cars & Trucks
Jan 11, 2012 | 2004 Chrysler Pacifica
Aug 17, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jul 10, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Durango
391 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!