Question about Ford Crown Victoria
Check levale of oil
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Does not have a drip stick I think, my 206cc Auto does not have one either, it has a check level/drain plug !
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
SOURCE: Wondering how to check fluid
How to check & change oil in automatic transmission
At the bottom of the automatic gearbox (tiptronic) you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) checking:
1. Requirements for check:
1.1. Vehicle standing on level surface.
1.2. Transmission must not be in fail-safe mode.
1.3. Shift lever in "P" position, parking brake applied.
1.4. Engine idling.
1.5. Air Conditioner and heater OFF.
1.6. ATF temperature must not exceed 104 Fahrenheit degree (40 Celsius degree) at start of test.
1.7. Only ATF with designation ESSO LT 71 141 may be used. Do not use any lubricant additives.
1.8. Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF - part number: G 052 162 A2 (1 liter wrapping)
1.9. An ATF level check when transmission oil temperature is too low results in overfilling, when too high results in underfilling.
2. CAUTION: Too much or too little ATF will affect the operation of the transmission. The ATF level must be checked at regular intervals.
3. The oil level is correct if a slight amount of oil runs out when ATF temperature is between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg) (caused by increase of oil level when heated). For warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg).
4. Hang filled ATF reservoir VAG 1924 as high as possible.
5. Shift lever in "P" position, engine running at idle.
6. Place oil drip pan under transmission oil pan.
7. Remove ATF filler plug (at the bottom of the automatic gearbox you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up.
8. With ATF temperature between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg), for warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg), a slight amount of oil will flow from filler hole when ATF level is correct.
9. If necessary drain or top off ATF to attain correct oil level. Top ATF with filler hook from VAG 1924 ATF reservoir. Insert VAG 1924 (tool) ATF reservoir filler hook into filler hole and top off until a slight amount of oil flows from filler hole.
NOTE: Fit filler hook into one of the oil deflector cap slots placed on the filler opening.
CAUTION: Do not press filler hook upward or oil deflector cap can be pushed off.
10. Reinstall ATF filler plug. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Please do rate my response. Thanks!
Posted on Dec 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2012 | 2007 Pontiac G5 Gt Coupe
Jan 08, 2011 | Saturn L300 Cars & Trucks
Dec 21, 2010 | Audi A6 Cars & Trucks
Dec 17, 2010 | 2000 GMC Sierra
Sep 18, 2010 | 1997 Mazda 626
Jun 22, 2010 | 2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet
Oct 25, 2009 | 2005 Ford Futura
Oct 05, 2009 | 2004 Mazda RX-8
Mar 30, 2009 | 2005 Peugeot 405
Feb 24, 2009 | 1993 Chevrolet C1500
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: