Question about Mercury Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i had used three bolts they have to be 6mm thik and like about 6 inches long then you install some flat washers by the head and use a regular crank pulley remover, you'll see three little holes inside the groevs at front side of pulley and there is where you install the bolts
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
There is a panel inside the wheel well that you can take off that gives you perfect access to the harmonic balancer. A special tool is required. i had my dad make one because he has access to whatever he needs at the factory. but you can get them at the dealer. i have no clue how much they cost. I can't see any way of doing it without the special tool. after you get the tool its pretty simple to get off. it takes alot of force to break the bolt loose though. i used the handle off my jack as a cheater bar. hope this helps...
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
The short answer to your question is:
1. Raise the car on the passenger side and remove the front wheel.
2. Remove the belts on the harmonic balancer.
3. Remove the retaining bolt.
4. With a puller, jack the harmonic balancer off of the crank shaft. You can rent a puller at your local auto parts store. It is easiest to access the harmonic balancer through the fender, hence the need to remove the wheel.
5. You should also consider replacing the seal around the harmonic balancer to minimize the possibility of a leak later.
6. Install the new harmonic balancer and tighten the retaining bolt to the specified torque (I don't know this off the top of my head).
7. Replace the belts and wheel, and voila...mission accomplished.
This was a short answer to your question. You may wish to consult a repair manual for illustrations, torque specifications, additional instructions, etc. This job is not for the faint of heart. Good luck!
Posted on Feb 20, 2010
Remove serpentine belt, to remove bolt turn counter clock wise, you will also need a Harmonic Balancer pulley tool, most auto part places will rent this tool out, good luck, hope this was very helpful.
Posted on May 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2014 | 1996 Mercury Sable
May 23, 2014 | 2000 Mercury Sable
May 21, 2011 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Mar 06, 2011 | 2002 Mercury Sable
Mar 13, 2009 | 1998 Mercury Sable
Mar 11, 2009 | 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
Oct 11, 2008 | 1997 Mercury Sable
Nov 20, 2017 | Mercury Mariner Cars & Trucks
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!