Question about Ford F-250
Lot of smoke coming off the exaust pipe
Are you saying you have smoke coming out of the tail pipe ? Or is something dripping onto the exhaust pipe and burning ?
If the smoke is coming out of the tail pipe, is it blue, white, or black ?
Posted on Jul 17, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You either have had the wrong valve seals installed, they are physically missing, or the valves are incorrect (too loose in the guides/stem too thin). The rocker arm seals will not contribute to your issue. If it did not have the oil smoke before you took the head off, the issue is with whatever the machine shop did. Valve seals have to fit TIGHT, or oil will go down the valve stem into the intake.
Take the head back to the machine shop & tell them to fix it. For free.
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
petrol or diesel??,whichever try disconnecting the valve that connects the inlet manifold to the exhaust manifold pull the thin rubber pipe off .
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
SOURCE: mazda mx5 smoking problem
Please provide more details for analysis like:
- what is the mileage on your car?
- is it smoking continously or only intermittently? How much smoke is it?
- what colour is the smoke? bluish or sooty?
- does it smoke when engine is cold or hot?
- is your car losing power?
- is your car consuming motor oil and at what rate?
- has the engine ever been overheated?
- is there an engine MIL ( malfunction indicator light ) code flashing on your dash? If it has, then you need to get the workshop to run a scan of the engine's computer to find out what the possible faults are.
- by the way, is your mx-5 fitted with a rotary engine or the common 4-stroke piston engine?
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
Lots of things to check
?Leaking head gasket
Does it use brake fluid
Start engine only fo a few seconds, shut down, remove all spark plugs to see which ones are fouled
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2011 | 1989 Honda Accord 4 Door
Aug 07, 2010 | 1985 Chevrolet Corvette
Jun 03, 2010 | 2004 BMW 5 Series
Nov 04, 2009 | 1994 Ford Escort
Sep 15, 2009 | 2004 Mazda 3
Aug 26, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Mar 23, 2009 | 1996 Ford Taurus
Jan 17, 2009 | Volvo 960 Cars & Trucks
338 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: