Question about 2001 Mazda Tribute
I have a 2001 mazda tribute v6 , when I start up my car it beeps about 30 times but there is no lights on at all & all of my doors are shut but I still cant find out what is wrong with it . auto zone told me I needed spark plugs I got that fixed and it still beeps .
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
When that light comes on, it is indicating charging system problem which could mean alternator not charging for one reason or another like loose belt, faulty alternator, or yes, bad battery or connection at battery, for example. First & easiest thing to do is check all your connections to battery, which you've probably done, and make sure they're tight & clean. Make sure belt driving alternator is good & tight, and in good shape. Now boost the vehicle to get it going & test voltage at battery, after you take cables off. My guess is in your case, the voltage will begin to go down, indicating a bad alternator, that will need to be replaced.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
i think you have a vacumm leak po 170 is a lean code look for leaks also check and clean mass air flow sensor and you may have to take to dealer for that throttle screw that does not adjust the idle speed take carb cleaner and carfully spray around engine when running listen for change becareful around coils and exaust.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
Try this, it's cheap, easy and it won't take long...and it will probably help...
I have a 2001 Tribute and ithas had this problem since about 1 year after buying it new. My motherin law also has one and it has the exact same problem. You can crankthe carcold (sometime even warm) and it will die unless you keep the gas pedal pressed in. I suspect that this is a widespread problem with theTribute. Forget about the Mazda dealer helping. There is a very simpleand cheap solution:
1. Locate the idle air controlvalve...looking at your engine from the front of the car, the valve islocated on top of the air intake towards the far right corner of theengine (next to the plastic cover on top of the engine). The valve ismetal, looks like a small metal cylinder is attached to it, and isbolted on with two bolts. It also has wires plugged into it. You can goto google images and type "Mazda tribute idle air control valve" to see what it looks like.
2. With engine off, unplug the wires from the valve.
3. Remove the two bolts and take valve off of air intake.
4.Inside the metal part you removed, you will see two chambers with ashaft going through them that can extend back and forth. The shaft hasa spring on it, and a plug that can open or plug a hole between the twocavities. This is the idle control valve.
5. Take a flat headscrew driver and pry the shaft back and forth a few times to free itup. There will probably be some dirt/grime on the shaft.
6. Takecarburetor cleaner and spray it in the valve cavities. Allow it to soakfor a minute and drain it out. Repeat if needed to clean it out.
7. Blow in it to dry it out.
8. Take WD40 and spray it in the cavities. Drain excess out
9. Take the screwdriver and work the shaft back and forth a few more times. The shaft should move freely.
10. Bolt the valve back onto the engine air intake and plug the wires back up to it.
Startthe engine. If this was the problem, and the engine was stalling justbefore doing this procedure, then it should start right up and idlefine. If it was stalling sporadically when started, it should not anymore. I have to do this procedure with my car every 6 - 12 months. Whenthis problem first occurred with my car it took it to the dealerseveral times. Of course it would not do it at the dealer, and theyclaimed ignorance as to the cause. I suspect this is a cash cow forMazda.
Posted on May 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2016 | 2001 Mazda Tribute
Jan 30, 2016 | 2005 Mazda Tribute
Nov 17, 2012 | 2002 Mazda Tribute
Apr 20, 2010 | 2001 Mazda Tribute
Mar 05, 2010 | 2001 Mazda Tribute
Nov 29, 2009 | 2001 Mazda Tribute
Oct 07, 2009 | 2001 Mazda Tribute
Jul 14, 2009 | 2001 Mazda MPV
Mar 09, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Tribute
Jan 26, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Tribute
438 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!