Question about Cars & Trucks
If my switch is bad,would that in any way effect the factory alarm? I wasnt given a key fob with the car and ordered one but have not been able to get the car to programming mode
Neutral saety switch is for the car starting without the clutch pushed in or car in park. wouldnt think it would effect alarm.
Posted on Jul 14, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Can not recall of the top of my mind, But when i need to get mine recone i just6 took it to the dealer and they were more then happy to help. Free of charge, Good luck
Posted on Apr 08, 2009
SOURCE: Car will not unlock.
To get inside the car .... Use the key in the lock cylinder, unlock the drivers door to get inside. You shouldn't have to reprogram the fob unless it or the keyless module was changed. There may be a blown fuse that supplies the keyless control module (check the owners manual for location). or wires that lead into the Drivers door may be damaged ... The keyless module is located inside the drivers door at the bottom behind the door panel ... do the unlock/lock and trunk release switches on the inside of the drivers door operate the locks and or trunk release? If so it is not the fuse ... and not the wires to it ... And it could be your BCM body control module, located in the dash board to right of your gas petal. Because the number entry keypad (code for that is on the inside of the right passenger trunk bracket arm) also doesn't work I assume it's not the key fobs themselves. Your 98 manual is correct for your car.
Posted on May 04, 2009
HI. Yes, this is possible, but there are other reasons for this issue, as well. Use this step by step troubleshooting procedure to help isolate the issue. Step 4 deals with the neutral switch issues.
Check for 12 volts on the large wire attached to the top terminal on the starter relay. It should have battery voltage. If not, the battery, terminals or wire is bad.
Check the small wire on the solenoid for power when the key is in the start position. Remove the small wire on the solenoid and have a helper hold the key in the start position. Check the wire for battery voltage. If there is voltage, the starter is bad. If there is no voltage, replace the wire.
Check the fuse in the fuse box under the hood on the left fender well. If it is good, check the relay by pulling it out and checking for power at one terminal with the key off. If there is no power, the problem is in the fuse box between the fuse and the relay. If there is power, have the helper hold the key in the start position once again and check for power at another terminal from the ignition key. If there is power, the relay is bad. If there is no power, the starter circuit is suspect.
Check to see if there is power to the neutral safety switch if there is no power at the relay. Use the voltmeter to check for power with the key in start. If there is power going in, check for power going out. If there is no power going in, the security system or ignition switch is suspect. If there is power going in and none coming out, the switch is bad. If there is power coming out, the problem is between the neutral switch and the relay.
Remove the cover on the bottom of the steering column. Check the solid yellow wire for power when the key is in the start position. If there is no power, the ignition switch is bad.
Posted on Dec 16, 2009
SOURCE: How to program a used
If this is an used FOB,you will need to take it back to the dealer as the only way to program the fob is with a scan tool. They should do it for free any way as they lost the progra.
Procedure to program NEW FOB :-
Programming The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Module
1. Unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
2. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting the engine.
4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
5. While still holding the UNLOCK button, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button and release both at the same time. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Code(s).
6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons on the transmitter at the same time. Then press and release any one of the buttons. The BCM will sound an abbreviated chime to acknowledge that the programming of the transmitter has been completed and was successful.
7. Repeat step 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle, up to 4 total.
8. Programming mode will last for 30 seconds. To get out of programming mode sooner, turn the ignition OFF. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer accept additional Vehicle Access Code(s).
9. When Vehicle Access Code(s) programming is complete, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and verify RKE system operation using each key fob.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Kindly accept my solution.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2015 | 2012 Mazda 6 i Sport Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl....
Feb 04, 2014 | Toyota RAV4 Cars & Trucks
Jan 25, 2014 | 1997 Chevrolet Suburban
Feb 24, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 20, 2012 | 2006 Suzuki Forenza
Jun 18, 2011 | Hyundai Sonata Cars & Trucks
Jan 28, 2011 | Chevrolet S 10 Cars & Trucks
Dec 26, 2009 | 2000 Jaguar S-Type
Oct 05, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
Nov 20, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!