Question about 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan
I have a 2009 dodge grand caravan. The driver side window only goes down. I have tried everything such us checking the fuse box, changing the switch and motor and the problem still exist. Any suggestion on how to repair
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1, Disconnect the able from negative terminal of the battery.
2. Pry the courtesy light from the door trim and disconnect the wire connector..
3. Remove all door trim panel retaining screws and door pull armrest assemblies.
4. Remove the door switch panel and the control switch panel and the control switch assembly.
5. On models with memory seats/mirrors, use small-flat bladed pry tool to remove and disconnect the wire.
6. Grasp the trim panel lift up and pull out to detach it from the door. Disconnect the inner door handle lock rod from the handle. Unplug any electrical connectors remaining and remove the door panel.
7. To install, connect the wire harness connectors and place the panel in position in the door. Press the trim panel down into place until the hooks are seated.
8. Install the armrest/door pulls, the courtesy light and the window switch'
9. Reconnect the battery
Also. You will need star pattern drivers to remove the window and motor from your door. If you have all the equipment it should only take you 1 hour.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
i have a 2002 caravan and the turnsiginals are only working inside the dash nothing outside has new bulbs and still nothing anyone any ideas?
Posted on Feb 08, 2009
Look for contacts at door jamb & door, that mate when closed.( usually round metal piece) Take a piece of fine steel wool & scrub them and see if that cures it.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
Remove the door panel and find the window motor Unplug it and using a separate car battery run cables directly to the window motor When you switch the polarity the motor will either bring the window up or down or if noting happened change the window motor and window regulator assembly.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
NO COST PROCEDURE TO FIX IT:
1. Sit in vehicle
2. Ignition key is on
3. Door in question is opennd (in case you closed door)
4. While door is open, press and hold power window button in desired window travel, keep button held
5. Pull to SLAM hard door closed with one hand while other hand holds button as per #4.
6. Watch window operate as it should.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 if necessary, usually the first try works!
This may be a temporary fix, works for few months or longer, repeat procedure when it fails again... :-)
Posted on Jul 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2014 | 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan
Nov 20, 2013 | 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan
Apr 13, 2013 | 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Minivan
Oct 06, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Aug 15, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jun 21, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan
12 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: