Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
We had to remove the glove box first then on the centre consol there is a small removal plate, remove this and locate the filters. There are two .
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
On the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan the interior AC filter is located under the dash on the passenger side. You need to slide the cover forward and then pull down. The filter is longer than the distance between the floor and the unit, but it bends. Ensure when you replace it you only bend the amount you need to install or you could damage the filter and to seal between the housing and the filter.
Posted on Oct 16, 2009
SOURCE: cabin air filter, location
It's located on the engine compartment firewall, passenger-side. Open
the hood, stand by the right front wheel and you'll see the fasteners
to remove forward of the wipers. Fasteners are removed by pushing the
center in, then pulling them out. To replace. pull the center out,
replace it, then push it flush to lock.
Good luck and hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 02, 2016 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Sep 17, 2011 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 05, 2011 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Dec 21, 2010 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Sep 12, 2010 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 30, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jul 27, 2010 | 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 25, 2010 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Oct 16, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 08, 2008 | 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Minivan
Sep 25, 2017 | AC Cars & Trucks
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!